cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax exemption in CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am having issue with tax exemption in CRM.

The sold-to is tax exempt and the ship-to is taxable.

In R/3, when the order is palced using the sold-to and ship-to , the item is not taxed and tax amount is 0.

The tax is based on ship-to but when the sold-to is tax exempt, it overrides and tax is based on sold-to and that is how it should work.

In CRM,when the order is placed using the sold-to and ship-to , the item is taxed.The item should not be taxed based on the tax exempt status of the sold-to , just like in R/3.

All the tax related tables in CRM are synced and has the same tax data as in R/3.

We using CRM 3.0 and the external tax software VERTEX.All connections seems fine.

Any help regarding any notes or BADI to implement this will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rajesh,

we are using vertex.

and we are creating order in CRM and will post to R/3

Thanks and Regards

shanto aloor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was never able to find a solution for the issue.I had almost the same problem.For a tax exempted customer,when the order was created in CRM it shows the tax.However,when the order flows down to ECC,tax calculation is done again and it is tax exempted.Vertex is being used for tax calculation.So, the reason of inconsistency is unclear

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prashanth,

Now i am able to communicate with vertex.

but now i am facing the same problem as you had faced. please help me if you solved this issue

In my CRM 5.0 if i create a order with tax exemptable BP then also vertex is calculating taxes.

what could be the problem? how the vertex will come to know that this BP is taxexemptable?

Thanks and Regards

shanto aloor

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please help me to get some idea on how to communicate to vertex (external tax software) from sap crm

Thanks and Regards

shanto aloor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having similar issues also, any solutions so far?