Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SU01, we assign user parameter.for ex bukrs =company code

what is the meaning of user parameter? when I do F1 and see the technical information, sometime there is parameter id for that field and sometime there is no parameter id.

why some fields have parameter id and some don't have? what purpose does it serves.

what I know is if we give parameter id in SU01, the value of that field be default automatically.

since I am not a abap consultant, please explain in such a way that I am able to understand.

thanks, regards

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

User parameters are something like default values for SAP user...

we can provide his default location, sales. Org, division, plant, country and all

Sap provides search halp values in consideration of those parameters if they are given

Regards

Syed

former_member212653
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP gives parameter id for some fields which can be defaulted like MM02. If you have noticed when ever you create a new material through MM01 and save it and go to MM02, the newly created material is defaulted.

This material number is stored in the parameter id of the material. SAP has almost provided parameter-id for fields which are on the entry screen like MM02-material no., VA02- Sales Order No., etc.

These parameter-id's are user & logon specific. Once the user logs off these values for the user are deleted from the memory. Each user has their own parameter-id memory values.