Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Parked Document Options based on Document Type

0 Kudos

We are having a program create a specific document type and then kick of workflow to get document approved and posted. Until document is posted we do not want anyone to be able to edit (via menu options, change, delete, post, etc.) from FBV2 or FBV3, etc. Does anyone have a simple solution as to maybe how to gray out these options on the menu so that they will be disabled for this specific document type?

Thanks .

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use a validation rule to check the calling transaction.

Rob

0 Kudos

Thanks Rob. I have seen validations from some years back used, but I personally have not programmed any. Those I saw were on the document itself, versus the transaction. We are now on release ECC 6.0 . Do you have any starter steps? We would like the disabling to happen prior to the transaction being brought up.

0 Kudos

The validation is performed on the document not the transaction. It just checks that the calling transaction is valid for whatever conditions you have set. Or it checks whatever you need to check.

In the IMG, check the documentation for OB28.

Rob

0 Kudos

For now, we just made the "service type" blank for WF_START in table SGOSATTR.