cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA Assessment Cycles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I really need some help with setting up COPA assessment cycles in 6.0. I have used the best practice guides but unfortunately they were to lazy to be thorough. I am using transaction code KEU7 to create the cycle. I have attached a few segments to the cycle and added the sender/receiver (cost centers, companycode) details aswell. I checked it before saving the cycle and i got no error messages. Now when i execute the cycle through tcode KEUB i get errorr/warning messages saying that "no valid sender entries found" and "this segment does not contain any senders". I am not sure what i am missing and what i may be doing incorrectly. Can someone please help me understand how to rectify this issue. I am extremely generous with rewarding points!!!

Thanks in advance,

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the sender a cost center or a cost center group? If it is a cost center, pl. check if the cost center is valid (period) using KS03. If the sender is a cost center group, check if the group exists and all the cost centers in the group are valid. Lets begin with this as a first check and if OK, lets see what else we can do to resolve your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikhanth,

I really appreciate your response. I have checked and can say with certainty that all the cost centers are valid. I also want to inform you that i have only populated cost centers (not group) and company code fields on the sender/receiver tab. Am i supposed to populate any other fields on the sender/receiver tab?

Again i want to thank you for your response.

Shaun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

Basically we created copa cycles in KEU1 and execute through KEU5.Find that recivers are product hi-erarachies, In our orgainisation Corporate oh are be charge to products through copa cycles.

Coming to your problem,When ever you define new copa cyle you find the error in differet ways.

1) NO VALID SENDER FOUND for segment means, Go to the segment there is an button ie consistancy chek box.Click on the check box System returns relavant segment.Observe that segment contains valid senders and revicers are produtc hierarachies or not.

2) Other wise go to the segment and clik on find button, give the cost center, cost elements.Observe secondary cost elements and rules.

3) other wise you can directly execute the co-pa cycle and click on segments.Here you can easily find that sender contains valid recivers or not.Basically these kind of error message will appears still now there is no Transaction passed to that products..

I hope you understood.

Regards

Maruthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check posting period in which you are Executing. Check wether transactional data is posted on these cost centeres in which you are posting.

Note transactional data and copa cycle posting period should be same.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Ijaz. That did occur to me but do the outputs usual give warning/error message if there is not any transactional data in the assigned cost centers? That part kind of confused me, because the norm is the system throws a message saying that no data was found. What do you think?