Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Push reports asking for parameters and logins. CR 2008

Hi,

Im trying(hard) to upgrade my website from CR 10 to CR 2008.

I use push reports where I assign a dataset to the report and assign the report to a reportviewer control.

It works great in Cr 10

But in CR 2008, When I try to assign the dataset, It says missing parameters and shows me the screen to enter the params.

As of my view, I have everything ready for crystal, and it has to show the data in the format.

I dono why it is trying to execute the stored procedure by asking params and logins.

Please help.

Aswin Dwarakanath

replied

It sounds like you've made a mistake in how you designed your reports. When you design a report directly against a database stored procedure you'll often have parameters added to your report automatically. This is because most stored procs have at least one one param. Now, when you attempt to run your report in your app and push data to your report your report still thinks it needs the parameters.

I've seen people take this approach many times and they always run into problems at one point or another. What you should have done was designed your report based on your XML schema file. This is more work but that is the choice you made when you decided to go with the push model for supplying data to your report.

If you want to fix this you'll need to create an XML schema file for every report and then use the Set Database Location feature of Crystal Reports in the designer.

If possible I would recommend to use the pull model whenever possible. It is less work and faster than the push model.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question