cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push reports asking for parameters and logins. CR 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im trying(hard) to upgrade my website from CR 10 to CR 2008.

I use push reports where I assign a dataset to the report and assign the report to a reportviewer control.

It works great in Cr 10

But in CR 2008, When I try to assign the dataset, It says missing parameters and shows me the screen to enter the params.

As of my view, I have everything ready for crystal, and it has to show the data in the format.

I dono why it is trying to execute the stored procedure by asking params and logins.

Please help.

Aswin Dwarakanath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the parameters from the stored procedure, or are they created in the report?

If the data in the dataset doesn't match what the report expects, it will try to retrieve the data using the information it has stored. One common test to see if this is the case is to write the data out from the dataset to XML, and then set that XML file as the report's data source at design-time using the ADO.NET data driver. If the report prompts for field-mapping information, or if there are report fields which are missing from the dataset, it becomes apparent that the data structure at runtime doesn't match what the report was designed with.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for that answer.

I have around 60 Push reports now.

Is there a way I can upgrade them all. You have any ideas?

Thanks

Aswin Dwarakanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way all the params in the report are from the SP.

We use the reports just to render the data.

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It sounds like you've made a mistake in how you designed your reports. When you design a report directly against a database stored procedure you'll often have parameters added to your report automatically. This is because most stored procs have at least one one param. Now, when you attempt to run your report in your app and push data to your report your report still thinks it needs the parameters.

I've seen people take this approach many times and they always run into problems at one point or another. What you should have done was designed your report based on your XML schema file. This is more work but that is the choice you made when you decided to go with the push model for supplying data to your report.

If you want to fix this you'll need to create an XML schema file for every report and then use the Set Database Location feature of Crystal Reports in the designer.

If possible I would recommend to use the pull model whenever possible. It is less work and faster than the push model.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from what David had suggested, just for a test, you can open a report in Designer and right click on the Set DataSource location in Field Explorer Window and Update the SP after creating a new (same) connection, preview them and save the reports. Try using that report from application and see if it helps.

Thanks,

AG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AG,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to set the datasource with the same Stored Procedure.

The stored procedure has not changed since we created at the first point. But still It says this error message.

Some tables could not be replaced, as no match was found in the new datasource. Please specify the table required for any unmodified tables.

Please help.

Thanks

Aswin

Former Member
0 Kudos

humm.., then you might have to check the SP, something might have changed..we need to make the report display properly from designer then only we can proceed ahead with application part..

Thanks,

AG.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd recommend creating a new test report off of that SP. See if you can see the tables the report is complaining about in the new report...

Ludek

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error you received is actually quite good.

Some tables could not be replaced, as no match was found in the new datasource. Please specify the table required for any unmodified tables. This error means - the report engine couldn't find a table with the same name or structure in your stored procedure to match this report design. So this is telling me your report doesn't match your stored proc.

I agree with Ludek here and start over with a new blank report to see if you can make sense of this. Get this working in the designer then move to your own application.

Only use .NET DataSets if you have to. If you have a stored proc then stick with it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for helping me out.

I created a XML schema from my dataset. I updated the datasource to the dataset rather that to the Stored Procedure.

Now I got rid of the parameters in the Report and my report works great in the PUSH mode.

Thanks.

Answers (0)