cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-explode the BOM in the Sales Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can anyone tell me if there is a standard way of re-exploding the BOM in the sales orders. I have a situation that Material A is having a BOM. Material A is entered in the sales orders. I have 500 orders with Mateiral A with the sales order BOM. Now my client has made some changes in the BOM for material A and that has to be reflected in all the 500 sales orders.

Thanks for the help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

when you make changes to a BOM, this does not automatically affect sales orders already created. however, you can do VA05 (List of Sales Orders) to make mass changes.

execute VA05 and select the sales orders relevant. then go to Edit > Mass change > New material. the current material number will appear and the system will ask you for the new material number. if the changed BOM has the same number, just enter it in the second field.

try this for one or a few sales orders. if this works, then you can do this for the rest. it's up to you if you want to do it by batches so that you can check them or if you feel confident you can do this for all 500 sales orders.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

Thanks for your answer. I have already tried with trn code MASS for the mass change of the sales order. It did not re-explode the BOM on the sales order with the corrected one. I dont know if I am doing something wrong in MASS.

However I will try the option you have told me and lets see if that helps.

Thanks

Mayank