cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Export Function On SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Whenever we click the Excel icon on the top of the screen to export a table into excel format, we get a pop up window saying "The document you are opening contains macros. If you are sure this document is from a trusted source..." Then, if we click Yes, the Microsoft Visual Basic window opens and a message saying "Compile Error: Named Argument Not Found" appears.

Why does this happen!!

It should just open in Excel.

Please anyone advise!

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In order for the Excel document to open you must have macro security set to medium. This is the most appropriate setting as it will prompt the user to enable macros. The excel path in Business One must point to a folder which contains the AutoOpen.XLS (created by SAP Installation)

Paula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon -- it is Excel 2000.

Hi Paula -- how can we get the excel path in Business One to point to folder which contains the AutoOpen.XLS (created by SAP Installation)

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the general setting under Administration - System Initialization, there is a path tab. Where is the path defined for Excel AutoOpen.XLS.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Microsoft Path Folder shows C:
program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\ExclDocs....is this right?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is the default path by B1. You can check if you have Auto file in that folder. If not, copy from somewhere else with the file. Or you can change the path. But that will affect others. Better not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you think the problem is with using Excel 2000?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have this old version anymore. Nothing to tell. If you have Excel 2003, test it to prove.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon

Please Comment the items(Local=True) in "AutoOpen.xls" shown and save it.

Public Sub OpenExlFile(ExcelPath As String)

Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=ExcelPath, _

Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlDelimited, TextQualifier:= _

xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=True, Semicolon:=False 'Local:=True

Workbooks.Application.Columns.AutoFit

End Sub

Best Regards

Dayal

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your Excel version?

keith_taylor2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your security settings in Excel - Under tools > security > enable macros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried that - didn't seem to be it. Changed it to Low Security.

Right after I changed it, still got Visual Basics window to pop up with the export.

Then, when I tried to do a second export. I got an red bar error message on bottom of SAP screen -- Error-100 (863-29).

Help!?

Mike