cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supress Records in a Crystal Reports Chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a newbie question. I have created a crystal report and bar chart for trouble tickets entered against circuits. I have grouped the results based on the circuit name. I have also added a summary count for each circuit to show the circuit name and the total tickets entered.

My boss wants me to only show records where the count is greater than 2, so I used the select expert to show this:

Count ({Trouble_Ticket.CKT ID:}, {Trouble_Ticket.CKT ID:}) > 1 and

Count ({Trouble_Ticket.CKT ID:}, {Trouble_Ticket.Create Date}, "monthly") > 1

I ran the report and it works fine. However, the chart that is part of the report still shows records with a count of 1 or less. I want to suppress any records in the chart where the count of tickets against a circuit is less than or equal to one. For some reason, only the report seems to reflect the change in count. Any ideas?

Ben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ben,

Try replacing the on change of field in the chart with a formula that outputs the onchange of field when the count is > 2.

If Count ({Trouble_Ticket.CKT ID:}, {Trouble_Ticket.CKT ID:}) > 1 and

Count ({Trouble_Ticket.CKT ID:}, {Trouble_Ticket.Create Date}, "monthly") > 1 then

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try placing this condition in group selection expert?

Count ({Trouble_Ticket.CKT ID:}, {Trouble_Ticket.CKT ID:}) > 1 and

Count ({Trouble_Ticket.CKT ID:}, {Trouble_Ticket.Create Date}, "monthly") > 1

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried to put it in the Select Expert, but since it is a calculated summary field, Crystal says "this function cannot be used becuase it must be evaluated later".

Thanks for the quick response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to place it in group selection formula but not in record selection formula

Regards,

Raghavendra