cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B1 Salesperson User Synch Errors on data change in Webtools

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been testing the changing of login names of internal users.

For actual B1 Users this works fine

If I create a Salesperson in B1 it synchs over fine initially, however

if I change the login for this user in WT or amend some of the fields in WT - first name, middle name, last name etc, I get a synch error OUSR does not have a valid mapping to NetPoint

This is strange because salespersons are stored in OSLP and not OUSR.

This occurs for BP Synch Field set to email address OR Seek and Choose so I'd guess this setting is not relevant to the error.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically on the OSLP table the NPCode column maps to the username in the Internal Account. I believe its a one way first time synch from b1 to Wt.

Whats the intention of changing the username?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, it's only minor - maybe the login name doesn't really need to be changed - the synch update error can effectively be ignored or skipped since the WT end still functions fine whatever changes are made.

If Sales Persons are created in B1 with their full name their initial WT login name is the same string which could get a bit tiresome to enter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, while it's possible to have a salesperson listed in B1 that is not a user that can login to B1, is it then likely that salesperson logs into web tools? I mean of course you can do that but you have to be a user in B1 to synch activities for yourself from Wt.

So if you wanted to have salespeople use Wt without ever entering activities or being able to use the extensive CRM functionality of B1, I suppose then adding that those people must login with 'Bryce Blilie" rather than 'bblilie" could drive a person over the edge.

Only kidding of course.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bryce once again.

In a roundabout way you've answered my question. I'm afraid this all stems from being unfamiliar with the system. The question should have been which user do you use for a salesperson in WT when that person is also a B1 user

In B1 we have Actual Users with a B1 login and we have Salespeople who can be attached to BP's and be used in transactions involving commission and CRM

A single physical sales person may well be included in both these categories, and when synched first time to WT two users are created.

I had originally thought that it is the user linked to the salesperson that should be the active user in WT ( given a licenced user and salesperson or salesadmin role ) but you have now pointed out that this user would not be able to avail of much of the functionality re alerts and activities.

In these situations I now understand that it is the user linked to the B1 user that is made active and the other user deactivated in WT

Answers (0)