cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM completed but still counting seconds on the workflow log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Maybe I'm complicating but a curious detail came up when I was debugging a bpm process....

I have a bpm with a block process which has all the exception handlers needed for the operations which are to be executed. Well, imagine an exception occurs, it's caught and the process ends.

Everything is OK in MONI, the bpm status changes to 'COMPLETED' and in the workflow log I can see all the steps finished. However, in the workflow log I've noticed that the root bpm workitem has an execution time of 2 seconds but the block Workitem is still counting seconds...Is it normal?

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

are they any send shapes in the BPM with mode set to transport ? .. i observed if the acknowledgement is not received by the send shape in the BPM , the time count increases even if the BPM is completed until it is logically deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amat,

No I don't have any acknowledgement since the bpm's send steps are synchronous steps. Nevertheless, thanks for the suggestion since the reason may be similar. Imagine that a system error exception is raised during the send step, although the exception is handled and all the bpm status is changed to complete, maybe XI BPE still awaits for a normal completion of the workflow....

What do you think?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the errors are handled in exception branch and if the control goes to the exception branch and finishes, the process will not be completely finished. If you have not done , pls put a control shape with action 'CancelProcess' in the exception branch which should end the process completely.