Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Failed to load database information.

I am recieving the following error when trying to view a Crystal Report using the CrystalReportViewer for .NET

Failed to load database information.

Details: The databse DLL 'crdb_p2bbtrv.dll' could not be loaded.

Error in File {"Path to report + GUID?"}.rpt:

Failed to load database information

• I am using Pervasive 9.6

• I am using VB and .NET framework 2.0, Visual Studio 2005

• Crystal Reports v10

I can run the report in Crystal and it works fine.

I am loading it with the ReportDocument object, and assigning it to the ReportSource of a CrystalReportViewer object.

It is not having it. While debugging, before it even gets this far, TestConnectivity() and VerifyDatabase() functions both return false.

I have been searching the Internet for days with no luck, other forums have turned up nothing. Any thoughts at all on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Former Member
Former Member replied

To add to Ludek's post:

If you're using the "bundled" v10.2 runtimes in your application (and it sounds like you probably are, since v10.0 doesn't integrate into VS2005), it's possible that the BTrieve data source isn't a part of those runtimes. This might be one of those data drivers that only comes with a "full" version of Crystal Reports. In this case the report would work fine from the stand-alone (v10) designer, but fail at runtime because the app uses v10.2 runtimes. I would imagine it would also fail if you include the report file as a part of your solution and try to preview the report's data in the embedded VS report designer, which would also use the v10.2 runtimes.

If this is the case, you have a couple of options:

1. Convert your report to use another database driver.

2. Upgrade your full version of Crystal Reports to a later version, one that is supported with the VS2005 IDE - either Crystal Reports XI Release 2 or Crystal Reports 2008. As far as I know the BTrieve driver is available with both of those versions. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question