cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial No activation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please tell me how to activate sl no for a particular material type.I want to GR that particular mat type

with Serial no for tracking every indivisual pcs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI!,

First of all define a suitable serial no. profile for your materials. Path is SPRO> Plant Maintenance and Customer Service >Master Data in Plant Maintenance and Customer Service>Technical Objects>Serial Number Management>Define Serial Number Profiles. Here you can define following: 1. whether serial No. should already exist in the system when a GR is made or to be generated at the time of GR only. 2. Whether you want to generate a equipment No. to be generated synchronously. What should be the serial no. category e. g. Machines, Production resources/tools, Test/measurement equipment, Customer equipment etc.

3. Whether system should do stock validation while using the serial number. 4. Define where you want serial number to be assigned mandatory and where to be kept optional by assigning the procedure to your profile.

After defining the profile please assign it to the required materials in work scheduling or plant data or sales view of material master. Now when you will create an order for this material and will make a GR, system will ask for serial numbers.

Please revert back if you have any further doubts.

Regards,

Uday

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

mainatin the serial no profile in the material mastet in sales/plant data view or

plant data view.

Pravin Mukkawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.Can you tell some think more like,in IMG where I set no range or if there is any other setting,Please tell me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can define Number range in Tcode : SNRO.

Here you need to define new Number Range Object for your requirement / can use already created number range object and define number range inside it.

If you want to use present Number range object then you can directly go in Txn SNUM and define required number range you want

HOpe this helps.

Revert if you need more details.

Regards,

Tejas