cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center posting as Statistical for billing documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have activated COPA - costing based and configured billing document flow. I have two issues:

1. How can I populate Cost Center posting for any expense accounts and not COPA segment. (I have used substitution for now and is working for cost center, but is there a way to populate cost center from Sales order).

2. My solution for population of Cost center from billing document is working fine, but since the COPA is active, the Cost center posting is taken as Statistical posting. Can anyone let me know how I can make this as real posting and not statistical.

Thanks in advance

Surya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For billing documents, I presume, it's revenues you are talking about. Every posting of revenues to cost centre will be statistical anyway.

Regards,

Eli

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a similar issue. I want to post to a Cost center for an expense GL account during billing. How did you achieve it?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Cost center can hold revernue elemnt for analysis purpose only meaning it is statistical in nature. Profit center is assigned to sales order so on billing document revenue is clooected in profit center level

It is recomendade by SAP as well to populate revenue item into cost center for analysis purpose only.

Regards

Dinabandhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do agree that Billing documents post to Revenue items, but in our case, we have commissions being calculated from billing document, which again goes to expense account, with Cost center category as "01" and not "11" or "12". So we require a cost center posting for this account and not COPA postings.

Today, even when I use substitution rule to post a cost center, still the cost center is posted as statistical, as PA segment postings are done using Billing document.

Just interested to know, if we can make the commission postings from billing document to a Cost center as real object.

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

I think you do'nt need to post revenue on cost centeres. You do'nt need to post discounts as well.

All data should be post on profit center and u can check posting on profit centere

Former Member
0 Kudos

Think this note solves my Problem:

Note 44381 - Profitability Segment Not Required in SD Postings

Summary

Symptom

Providing CO-PA is active, when posting costs generated in SD, the profitability segment derived from the customer and the article is set in each accounting-relevant line.

This is wrong in some cases because an additional cost center to be posted is only posted with costs statistically.

Examples:

1. During goods issue, the goods issue value should be assigned to a cost center.

2. This is then apportioned to CP-PA credited so as to be able to carry outa reconciliation between billed good issues and the overal goods issues. In this way it is possible to summarize how many goods issues

3. were posted without billing document

4. To settle shipping costs, post costing-based shipping costs (posted to profitability segment) to reserves (posted to cost center via automatic account assignment) during billing. For this end, the R/3 System creates the reserve account as a profit and loss account and makes it a cost element. Receiving the shipping invoice debits the same cost center. The cost center balance should be settled in Profitability Analysis.

Note that you cannot really post revenues to cost centers. Posting is always made using statistical value type 11.

Other terms

OKB9, OKC9, CO-interface, account_assignment_logic, COBL, HKONT, PAOBJNR, VL01

Solution

Check whether the accounts in question must post to a profitability segment or not. If not, define a substitution in CO customizing for which the profitability segment is initialized for this account ( Field <COBL> $HKONT )meaning that it is filled with the fixed value 0000000000.

Alternatively, extend your chart of accounts to enable the solution using substitution.

Important note

In any case, substitution must be defined in a way that the profitability segment is initialized in special cases only. The restriction to certain accounts makes sense to prevent the profitability segment from being lost during revenue postings. We recommend you to restrict substitution as far as possible, e.g. using a query on the billing process (AWTYP = 'VBRK' and VORGN = 'SD00').

In this connection please also refer to Notes 167246 and 392273.

The correct definition of substitution is the customer's responsibility. If you have any questions please contact your CO consultants. In case of errors resulting from an incorrectly defined substitution, SAP may offer support only as charged consulting service.

Edited by: Surya Kumar on Dec 14, 2008 2:20 PM