cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Code 39 Font

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal Reports XI and have created reports that contain a single barcode. When I export the reports to a PDF format while in the designer preview the report exports fine with the barcode showing correctly. When I publish the report and automate to send to a file folder and a designated printer, both reports are printing without the code 39 Font and the barcode shows in regular Arial font. I have installed the Font both on my personal machine and the server that the reports are published too. To verify that the problem was not isolated to the PDF doc I tried printing to a word format and the report prints the code 39 font in the word doc that is stored in the file folder, but the printed report is still showing as a regular Arial font. Sending to the same printer from the designer preview printed the barcode font so the issue is also not at the printer level. Can anyone advise on the best action to take to resolve this issue with the missing Font in the printed report? Do I need to do anything special to embed the Font in the distributed report? Any help that can be provided is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

james_wong
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Greig Lavine,

Thank you for the information. This issue seems to be not happening in Crystal Report Designer and it will be faster if you post the question in the following forum:

Forum: BusinessObjects Enterprise Administration

They will have the knowledge to assist your issue much faster.

Hope it helps.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help provided. I will post in the recommended forum.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greig,

I am having the same issue with version 11.0.0.2495 which is XI R1 SP2. The barcode shows on Crystal application (prints okay) when run the report program. But it turn into small boxes when exporting to disk file with pdf format. The same report exported fine with Crystal 10 on the same computer in pdf format.

Please let me know how do you resolve the issue? I have issue to upgrade to XI R2, so upgrade is not an option for me. (I got "windows configures Crystal XI......" warning message when upgrading to R2)

Thanks,

Kailin Len

james_wong
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I have some questions for you to help narrow down the issue.

--Are you using Crystal Report XI Release 1 or Release 2? (Kindly provide the version number)

--When you mentioned that you tried to publish the report, are you trying to publish it in the infoview or CMC (Business Objects Enterprise)?

--Are you trying to print the report in the Crystal Reports Deigner or somewhere else?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using Crystal Report XI Release 1 or Release 2? (Kindly provide the version number)

--When you mentioned that you tried to publish the report, are you trying to publish it in the infoview or CMC (Business Objects Enterprise)?

--Are you trying to print the report in the Crystal Reports Deigner or somewhere else?

I am using Crystal Report XI version number 11.0.0.1282. I am publishing the reports through the Central Management Console. Utilizing the CMS I am sending the reports to a specific printer. I used the designer to export and print a test copy, which worked successfully. Unfortunately when I send to a printer utilizing the CMC and also send to a file folder the code 39 font does not print.

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greig,

Instead of the barcode, do you see the actual values for the code? My best guess would be the barcode font isn't installed on the CMC server.

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do see the actual value instead of the barcode. When you say that the barcode is not installed on the CMC server are you referring to an area specifically inside the Central Management Console? I have installed the barcode on the server that Crystal Reports is housed on in the Font folder. This is the same server it is published too.

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greig,

Can that same font on the server be used in another program like Word? Because you see the actual values, that means the report cannot load the barcode font to use so it uses the report's default font.

In some cases, fonts are not fully installed until that machine has been rebooted. I'd like to know what happens in another program if that font is available or not. If it's not available then that would explain the problem with the report.

Reinstall the font and reboot the server.

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did test the export in a word doc and the barcode font did print correctly. I also did a restart of the server and the results are still unsuccessful.