cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR XI-R2 Service Pack Upgrade Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Crystal Reports XI-R2 Version: 11.5.7.636 and just tried to install service pack 4 incremental. The service pack would not install and came back with an error saying that "service pack 2 was not installed"

I could not find a History.txt file in my C:\ProgramFiles\BusinessObjects directory to see if there were any upgrades or hotfixes applied to this computer. So I assume that I do not have any service packs installed.

My question is, do you have to install every service pack leading up to the current one?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Levi,

you can install a ready version of CR XI R2 with SP2.

SP3 and SP4 are incremental based on SP2.

All further questions are hopefully answered on this [page|http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/service_packs/crxir2.asp].

Further technical questions about Crystal Reports are handled in a different dedicated [Crystal Reports Design|; forum.

Best regards

Falk

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went to the link and will download the Crystal with service pack 2 that comes with it. I guess the one I have on my computer is older and didn't come packaged with service pack 2.

I bet after I download and install that, I will be able to apply the service packs and we will be back in business.

The file is about 1.06GB so it may be awhile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, that worked for me I installed the XI-R2 with SP 2 and then ran the upgrade to Service pack 4 and everything is up to date now. Thanks,

This should be a sticky on this forum because no one can figure out the concept of updating the Crystal Reports Software.