cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiplt records in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I am using file to RFC scenario using BPM concept .

The problem is that i have an input file which is having multiple records.This input file willlbe pssed to RFC request. RFC returns the response and the reponse should go to the out[ut file. In the output file it should also contain multiple records.I have used Block Foreach, even though i am not getting the output. I am getting output for only single record. Could you please help in this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think we can do without BPM also, follow below steps

1. Configure two structure for source

2. Configure two structures for receiver and take sync communication for sender & receiver

3. configure according to ur requirement meanwhile in RFC function take table structure for field not define fields individually, may be this is the problem for ur current scenario

4. Check in receiver file adapter whether in append mode or not.

It will sort out easily.

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at these two links:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.....Murali,

i have seen the links which u have given. But in my scenario, i am having multiple records in one single file. Could u please tell how to do the scenario for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should not be a problem if you have multiple lines in the source file. You can use an abstract interface. In the BPM you should be using create a container variable which has multiline property.

The return also use another container object which is having multiline property set.

Award points if helpful

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It can be implemented with or without BPM.

I will tell you how to do it with BPM

First thing is how your RFC takes the results? Does it take a single record at a time or is capable of taking multiple records? Based on this you need create you mapping. If RFC takes on record at a time it is natural that it returns the responses also individually. So your BPM should be -

Recieve Entire File ->Tranform (1 to n) ->Block for each -> call RFC sync -> container [to capture the repsonses in to multi line container]-> End Block -> transform (n to 1) ->Send.

If your RFC takes multiple rows at a time

Rceive-> Transform (1 to 1)-> Send Sync-> Send.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

In my scenario RFC is taking multiple records. I have done the sceanrio. But i am getting one record in the output. In MONI i can see the multiple outputs sepeartely. Multiple outputs are not getting combined in a single file.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is because, the rfc is sending response per call. Not one for each call or bapi strucuture.

VJ