Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP programming concept

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a program with its name not beginning with letter 'z' or 'y' and it ran perfectly without any error. Though it prompted error in other cases as in objects, structures etc.So i want to know what can be the cause of it? Is it a bug in the software.? Please explain. I repeat it is only the case with the program name and not anything else?

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dushyant Pilania,

How is it possible?

Customer namespace should be Z or Y.

It didn't ask any developer's code or anything else?

Regards,

R.Nagarajan.

0 Kudos

I dont know how did all that happened. I created the program in the workbench itself. And it ran successfully Why dont you check by yourself?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible.even i tried that in our system.

Rhea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally whennever you are trying to create a program other than start with 'y or z', it will ask for the access key for the registration.

When you logged into the system with user id and password that user might be having the accesskey for that.

0 Kudos

Then it should have been the case with the structures and other objects as well .Why only the program namespace?

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What software version are you on? Which exact program name did you create?

I just tried to create program PICKLE, and sure enough I was asked for an access key R3TR PROG PICKLE, as expected.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried in two systems 4.7 and ECC 6.

I created MYPROG .

Rhea.

Edited by: rhea on Sep 26, 2008 3:20 PM

0 Kudos

I am a beginner and the name i entered was MY_FIRST_PROGRAM

Please try out and explain.

0 Kudos

No problem, we were all beginners at one time.

MY... and MZ... are actually in the customer name range, these are supposed to be includes for module pools SAPMY... and SAPMZ...

Thomas

P.S. [check this out|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/2a/6b0b1f547a11d189600000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

0 Kudos

actually the peculiarity is that it works only when name is My_first_prog and not with any other name not even when i tried my_second_prog as a name. What do u say now??

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MY... MZ... LY... LZ and a few other combinations are also in the customer namespace.

Look at a function group: It will have the name SAPLfngroupname. Its includes will be Lfingroupname...

If it's a Z or Y fn group, it will have the name SAPLZfngroupname. Its includes will be LZfngroupname.

Similarly for module pools - SAPMymodulepool has includes Mymodulepool.

0 Kudos

You're saying you can create MY_FIRST_PROG, but not MY_SECOND_PROG? I have no explanation for this, other than that the system might have doubts after seeing your first program...

Cheers

Thomas