cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subasignment and Movement types in Data colletcion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to upload reported data first only with all subasignment (Trading Partner, Segment, other Customs) but without Movement Types (MT) and after this load again but only with MT?

If we do in that order we have double value for item. BDC reguired value for subassignments. For MT it's not necessary to provide ifnormation with other subasignments.

Sholud we use AFD function for that or there is other way to do this.

Thanks,

Pawel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194418
Participant
0 Kudos

First you can upload with default values like 999. Then you upload again with proper MT. Then you can run a validation that default values need to be zero.

You can avoid double data via the different options, see SAP help:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/62/f7e73ac6e7ec28e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Generally said, afaik, Finance (Cartesis) is much more flexible in that. BCS in principal requires you to book properly immidiately, which is for areas like provisions or intangible assets quite frequently challanging.

regards, Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Clemens for replay,

1. I can't open the link, so if You be so kind please first click on icon ''Locate the document in its SAP Library structure' (two red arrow next to topic title) and then copy the link. I think You mean Update mode for Data colection method?

2. Yes, You're right that first I can load with default values and next with proper MT but in our scenario we load data for items FIRST only with additional subassignment (without MT) and then ONLY with MT (without any other subbasignment)

regards,

Pawel

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BCS does not provide for loading the data two different ways. The BDC determines whether the subassignments are required, optional, or ignored. In your scenario the only results is to either get double counting for each item or, with delete all update mode, only the values for the most recent data load.

I suggest you consider including all subassignments on the final load, and use update mode of delete all to avoid double counting values for each item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan

But can we use ADF for that purpose?

regards,

Paweł

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, AFD will not work in this case as iti is not for the purpose you suggest and will not update the totals in BCS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan

1. Beacuse BDC are required and MT can not be upload with other subbasignements we must use double values - but when we have doubled values on item (one with subbasignements, other just only with MT) is correct for further BCS process (CoI, IU Eliminations, Reclasyfication, Currency Translation) ?

2. What about posting MT on statistical items? I mean first upload reported data with subbasignements (without MT) on BS items and then upload MT on statistical items (statisticla items = BS items created as statistical. In our case Equity and Investments are posted in one upload with MT and other subbasignments, so for CoI should be correct (read from Total Record)?

regards,

Paweł

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Double values is definitely not good for BCS processing. It is not accurate and thus not correct accounting.

2. This sounds like a better option and as long as equity and investments are loaded once with MT and other subassignments COI should be okay. However, as Eugene mentioned earlier, there is the possibility (a likely one at that) that the data between the statistical balances and the non-statistical balances get out of synch and then do not agree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Dan.

In secend option we'll use validation to check if the values are correct

regards,

Paweł

Answers (0)