cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart Contains Too Much Data for Display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to display a Chart with Web Application Designer (WAD), and I am getting the message of 'Chart Contains Too Much Data for Display.

This message dessapears when I increase the height and width of the chart web item.

¿Is there a limit of the size of the chart depending of the number of points on it?.

¿It´s posible to disable this limit?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Saúl Buendía.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have too much data. try to filter to the (i.e right click -> keep filter value) you will see the chart for that.

alternative solution is to increase the chart width and height.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the problem is that the user wants all the information in one chart so I can´t filter the query. the number of series in the grafic id dynamic, so I would like to know the minimium size of a graphic depending on the points that represents.

I means, i would like to know if there is a SAP documentation explaining how to know the minimium height and with for a graphic.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try increasing the height and width of the chart web item in Web Template.

Method I

You can restrict the selection by using variables. If the variable entry is optional, then in Web Application Designer, in the Properties of the Web Template, check the option Force Variable Screen Display to display the Variable selection screen.

Method II

Another method is to use the Check Box/Radio button Group/Dropdown Box webitem also in WAD to select the characteristic values which are to be shown in the chart.

1) For specifying the characteristic values, you've to include either the web items Drop down box or Check box or Radio button group along with your Chart web item.

Checkbox supports multiple value selection unlike Dropdown box and Radio button group.

Depending on your requirements, you've to decide the assignment of the characteristics to these web items.

For example, You can assign the User ID characteristic to either Radio button group or Dropdown box web item to display the chart for a particular User based on the selection.

2) You've to specify the characteristic you want to filter in the Specific properties window of the Drop down/Check box/Radio button web item.

Properties window -> Web Item tab -> Specific -> Characteristic/Structure -> Click and select the Characteristic from the drop down box.

3) Based on the Filter values you select, to reflect that in the chart, in the Affected Data Providers of the Drop down/Check box/Radio button web item, you've to specify the data provider of the chart web item.

Select the Web item(Checkbox/Radio/Dropdown) ->Web item Properties -> Specific -> Affected Data Providers -> Here you've to specify the Data Provider of the Chart web item.

4) Save and execute the web template.

If both Chart and the Filter web item are assigned to the same Data Provider, then Step 3 is Optional.

In the WAD toolbar you will find VIEW on the top --> and click Properties

It will display a properties window --> now click WEB ITEM --> you will find width and Height --> here you can change the chart size

If you want to change any chart display properties like color, x and y axis naming, type of chart.. then

Right click on the Chart and click Edit Properties..

Regards

Pcrao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pcrao,

The problem is that is a line chart with 14 series and every serie has 200 points.

In order to view this chart I have to put the size of the chart to 2000 x 1000, so the chart is too big.

We need to see all the data so I can´t put filters to the wuery, but we need the chart be smaller.

If there isn´t any posibiity i would like to know what is the limit. I explain, I would like some documentation in where i can find that the smallest dimension of a chart with 2800 points is 2000x1000.

Regards,

Saul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically there are lot of data that comes through your Data provider. You cannot show all the data in the chart. show restrict the data in the data provider in such a way that the chart can display the data. Also you cannot show more than one characteristics.

Better way is use multiple charts or reduce the selections.

Regards

Pcrao.