cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Program and Spot Exchange Rate Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

When performing wire transfers in foreign currency, my company wants to be able to have the payment program, F110, be able to convert the payment to the vendor based on the bank's spot rate at that moment in time. I found that we can use exchange rate type "G", update the rate within OB08 prior to running F110, input the exchange rate type "G" within the Parameter section within "Exchange rate type" and process the payment program as normal.

My question is this: We have a few separate companies that would use this feature with the possibility of receiving different rates from their respective banks. How would this work if 2 companies had 2 separate exchange rates for the same conversion on the same day? I found that once you enter in an exchange rate for a conversion, you are stuck with that rate for that particular day, so the amount can not be over written with another rate to be used by the second company code. Is there a way around this or is there a different way to accomplish the converting of currencies at the payment program?

Thanks.

Pete

Edited by: Peter Zaborowski on Sep 26, 2008 2:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

Use two different exchange rate type for bank1 and bank1. Upload the exchange rate into the system. Select house bank and specified rate type during the payment run.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Points applied.

Answers (0)