Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending a customer segement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi interface experts,

My client uses custom defined idoc types to communicate with external non-sap systems. In one of our requirements as part of enhancing the existing system functionality, we need to extend a segment to include a new field. This segment is a customer segment and not provided by SAP. Do i need to extend both segment & idoc type or simly to change the customer segment in the segment editor and release?..

In any case can you provide brief list of steps that need to be followed?

Rgds,

Harikrishna indugu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Simply 1.Change the Customer Segment and

2. Add new segments fields (WE31)

and transport it.

When you use it for same already existing customer No need to touch the IDOC Type and all .if you want to implement it for other customer then better to create new message type.

Regards,

Nandha

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Simply 1.Change the Customer Segment and

2. Add new segments fields (WE31)

and transport it.

When you use it for same already existing customer No need to touch the IDOC Type and all .if you want to implement it for other customer then better to create new message type.

Regards,

Nandha

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Do i need to extend both segment & idoc type or simly to >change the customer segment in the segment editor and >release?..

No need to enhance the Idoc , just enhance the segment and add the field in WE31. Before enhancing the Cancel the release , add it and then set Release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But changing the existing customer segment will create a new version of the segment? will this create any problem?

Rgds,

Harikrishna..

0 Kudos

Every thing is Custom in your case, so there is no problem . No problems comes with the version. Make sure every thing you changed in the segment attached to Transport.

After changes set release again.