cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infoview in a frame of the company portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´d like to know if it´s possible to integrate Infoview in the company portal in this way:

there would be three frames, one with a lateral menu (on the left), other with a fix header (on the top), and a third with a changing content (depending on the selected menu). One of the possibilities of that menu would be the access to Infoview.

The window to access to Infoview appears correctly in the frame, but, when we try to log in, it doesn´t work (using Firefox 3.0 or Explorer 6.0):

+ In Firefox we can log in Infoview, but we only see folders, not documents, although there is a list of them

+ In Explorer, the frame charge the top menu, but below it appears an error: "Invalid path /Infoview/logon/dataWrapper was requested".

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I've the same problem. I want to know how to "plug" InfoView app into my company portal (if it's possible...).

If you have any idea thanks to post cause I didn't found any information about that.

In advacne, thanks.

Hugo

0 Kudos

I think you have a couple of options:

1) Use dashboard builder and have a navigation list on the left hand side and a viewer on the right hand side. But if you don't have a premium license that won't work

2) Use the openDoc functionality to open specific documents based on a specific URL. See the WEBI user guide for more details.

-Gera Mats

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aasavaribhave
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of now with the latest Enterprise product XI R3, Firefox 3.0 isn't supported, 2.0 is the highest supported version. Please test it in 2.0 and see if you get the same problem.

For IE, Does Infoview work from outside your portal\frame correctly? Also does your server DNS name have an underscore or space in it or does it end with a dot or hyphen? If yes then try using IP address. You may also want to look in

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc952.txt

for valid server names.

Thanks

Aasavari