Sales Order Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem on Sales Order Status.

I am making Quotation -

Sales Order -

Delivery ( full Qty )

But even after delivery , Sales Order status is showing processed.

Settings.

Sales Document :- Category - C

Item Category :- TAN :- Completion Rule - B

Copy Control from Sales Order to Delivery :- Update document Flow.

If this is ok. Then why the status is showing being processed.

Regards

Sriram.S.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram,

after quotation the So is created if the status of quotation if fully referenced then the status will be completed hence the copy control is taken place properly. after SO the O/D is created if fully refernced then the status of SO is completed if partly refernced then the status will be incomplete even though if the status is incomplete after creating the O/D then please check the copy control for the SO and O/D for the same document type of both.

if the movement type in copy control is not proper then also it will give the status as incomplete.

so I would request you to check the copy control of SO with the O/D.

even though if the problem persist then please rever back to me.

i hope i have made my point clear.

Regards

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram.,

If the Sales Order Quantity ( All items ) is fully referenced in Delivery Document , Sales order status should change to 'Completed" irespective of whether Delivery is Goods Issued or Billing is Generated. Please go to status overview of Sales Document while at Document flow screen and check whether there is any open sales order quantity.

If there is no open sales order quantity, it may be due to update error. You may run program RVV05IVB to correct update errors which will correct the sales order status.

Trust it helps.

Regards,

Natarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think there will be a Completion Rule set for item category TAN. Is there any specific reason you set the completion rule? In standard SAP, for TAN the completion rule field will be blank.

Go to the Order --> Header status --> See the Processing Status. Which status is showing as 'being processed'?

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is because:

After Delivery, Invoice is pending. Once Invoiced, Payment collection needs to be maintained.

There after Sales Order status will changed to "Completed".

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

Thanks for the reply.

How can that happen.

Once quotation is referenced, its status changes to completed if fully referenced.

Then why not Sales Order.

Even delivery once invoiced gets completed status.

Only billing remains open, till payment is received.

This is norma process but I don't know where I am missing.

Regards,

Sriram.S.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram

No your conclusion is wrong. As rightly Amit said, even after invoice is generated, the status of sale order remains "Being processed". Only when the respective Accounting Document gets cleared, the status of the sale order will also change to complete.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear G. Lakshmipathi,

Thanks. Might be my understanding was not correct.

But even after fin. doc. generation , i.e., Customer Payment receipt thru. F-28, Sales Document is still showing processed.

Note :- If the Sales order does not change status after delivery, then in LIS - Open Orders , it shows open orders but in actual it has been delivered and billed.

Regards

Sriram.S.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram

Then you need to look into your copy controls both in VTLA and VTFL.

Also in VTLA, you should have checked the box "Update document flow".

If you can brief what copy control you have maintained for the above, then it will be easy for the members to guide you correctly.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi