Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation of SAP APO DP objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am fresh to SAP.

I have following queries with regard to transportation of APO Demand planning objects like (Planning Object structure, Planning area, macros, Alert profiles, Promotions ,Like profiles etc.) from Development to Quality Server ,Quality to Production Server :

1)What is Request in SAP ? What is Local object and Development Object & What is the importance of that?

2)How to Transport objects from Devlopment server to Quality to Production Server OR Vice Versa & How to import the objects?

3)Please provide me the steps or screen shots to transport objects between the servers.

4)The Data in the planning area is available in the Quality Server , If I Transport this Planning area to the Production Server then the Data present in the Planning area is also Transported (or) only structure of the planning area is Transported to Production Server .

5)After post Go live Support, if I get the requirement from the users stating that new Characteristic should be added in the Planning Area (MPOS) or Some changes to be made to Planning area. What are the Steps involved in this Process.

Please give me the Solutions for the above questions.Your response or reply is highly appreciated.

I will be more obliged if you provide screen shots for the above process.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks in advance

With regards

Preetam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Objects are moved from one client to another through CTS , that can be customizing or workbench request .

you can see details in SE10 transaction and create CTS from there.

Once you do changes , save it in appropriate CTS and Basis team will help you in moving CTS to QA/PRD client.

Also PA data will not move to new client only skelton will move .

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your Valuable reply.

A very good day to you.

As i am new to SAP, i would be more happy if you explain me in more detailed way.

with regards

sai

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai Preetam,

Before you immerse yourself in the hallowed realms of CTS just quickly check out transaction /SAPAPO/TSOBJ. It should answer most of your queries.

Of course behind the transaction DP objects are added to "transports" which is essentially core of CTS.

Hope this helps a bit.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transporting Customizing Settings

There are two types of Customizing change requests:

Customizing request

Customizing requests contain changes to client-dependent tables.

Workbench request

Workbench requests contain changes to client-independent tables.

You can monitor the change requests by project in the project management. The Transport requests tab contains the following functions for the current client:

Activate CTS functionality

As prerequisite for creating change requests. When the CTS functionality is active, the pushbutton label changes to Display CTS project data. When the CTS project is finished, the pushbutton label changes to Reactivate CTS functionality.

Assigned CTS requests

Go to Transport Organizer request overview, where you can create requests for a project.

CTS project object list

The project object list is unchanged. When the customizing project is finished, the complete object list can be exported.

CTS project status switch

Sets the project status switch.

Please check below link it will explain details with diagram :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/57/38e1824eb711d182bf0000e829fbfe/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/4b/b155e40c3e11d3959a00a0c930dcc1/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/09/88f330db9911d2b41a00609419f767/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Change and Transport System (CTS) is a tool that helps you to organize development projects in the ABAP Workbench and in Customizing, and then transport the changes between the SAP Systems in your system landscape.

Please look into the below link for a detailed explanation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/90/972712cd8c11d2b41400609419f767/frameset.htm