Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Receipient to be determined dynamically

former_member193382
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have a requirement where i have to send a mail to user depending on the plant. So i have created a custom background method to determine the agent for the mail based on the plant. Then i am passing this as a expression to mail. I mean i am binding this to agent name to addressstring container of the mail task.

But I am getting the error Object 000000058286 method SENDTASKDESCRIPTION cannot be executed and Document <Budget For Order 800053 Exceeded> could not be sent. How can i rectify this error.

Please guide me as soon as possible.

Thanks and regards,

raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member193382
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i used a task and then defined the rule to determine the approver dynamically

former_member182485
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Go to T-code PFAC and create a Rule with Plant then go to OOCU_RESP and create responsiblity inside that you can configure the user based on the data.

Like under one responsibility for Plant P1, P2 you configure user U1 and U2.

Do not forget to bind you WF container to Rule container.

Hope this helps

Regards

Bikas

former_member193382
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I have designed something like this.

I have written a custom method to determine the approver for a particular plant. I pass this username value to a workflow container. Then i pass this value to the element called address-string in send mail step binding. The value from the workflow container is passed to the mail step properly. But I am getting the error message Work item 000000058295: Object 000000058295 method SENDTASKDESCRIPTION cannot be executed. Can someone over here help me out with this?

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. The username to be passed from method to workflow should be of the form US<username>.

2. Do check the if email id has been defined for this user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Which user type have you used??

you should use type SWHACTOR (As suggested earlier)and must do proper binding from task to method also.

Regards,

Purvesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raj,

You can directly use mail distribution list and define container element and put its type as SWHACTOR!!!

then append as much user you need to send to

OBJECT-TYPE = 'US'

OBJECT-TYPE = 'USERID'.

Then append it to container element.

You can define container element in workflow container and also in the corresponding task then do corresponding-binding between them!!

in send mail step use expression and put this element ino it

then don't worry it will works on !!!

Hope this will help you!!

And ofcourse swhactor is in ABAP Data-dict.

its a structure!!

you can also refer this forum

Regads,

Purvesh Patel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raj,

check the WF log using swul and see whether That container element having any value inside it or not......

if its having then check for your binding ........

regards Dev

keohanster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure that your mail recipients have been determined? If you are passing in a blank list of recipients you will get this error. Also, check the binding into the email step. See OSS Note:

642196... Which gives an indication of what this error is.