Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replenishment strategy in kanban transfer posting w/o reservation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using stock transfer posting w/o reservation

how does this work ??

I mean when i am making kanban empty at demand supply area then how does this strategy react to this scenerio?

Please help

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls. find the details about the same:

Replenishment w/o Reservation i.e. Direct Transfer Posting

Use

You use this function if you want to transfer components without any previous reservation. When the kanban is set to EMPTY this automatically triggers a transfer posting.

Prerequisites

You have created a relevant replenishment strategy (in the SAP standard, strategies 0002 and 0004 are used) and you have put this in your control cycle.

Features

Standard Procedure

No reservation is created when the kanban status is set to EMPTY. Instead, the goods issue is posted directly at the delivering storage location and the goods receipt at the consuming storage location. Here, the information required for the goods withdrawal at the delivering storage location is recorded in either the kanban (card) or the kanban board. The kanban can be reprinted at the delivering storage location. Once the material has been delivered, the demand source sets the status to FULL. This does not lead to any material posting.

The function u2018separate goods receiptu2019 should not be used with this process.

Independent Supply Source

If the supply source posts the transfer for the material instead of the demand source, you can use the "independent supply source" function. If you use this technique for a control cycle, the kanban receives the status WAIT when reported empty by the demand source. Here, the supply source uses the "replenishment" function to post the transfer. At delivery, the demand source changes the status to FULL. This status change is linked to no other functions in the background.

In this process you cannot manually change the material posting.

Hope this helps.

Revert if any doubt.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for your reply

but u have mentioned :"This does not lead to any material posting."

Then what for we are using this when no material posting is happening ?

Please clarify

Also if u have idea on calculation for no of kanban , what is the use of min empty bin can be used ??

Iam really stuck with kanban with auto calculation and other issues ,If u can help ??

Regard

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas

I couldnt understand this automatic posting as it doesnt create element in MD04 also it is mentioned no material posting will happen as mentioned in standard procedure ......?

I tried with independent source also but whenever i am making my bin empty at demand instead of turning it to WAIT status as per ind source cycle it turns it to red and when from the supply source i am trying to replenish it it says " It cannot be done " no further desription of error .........

Can u please help me in this regard

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas

Here i have one control cycle with replenishment lead time of 3 days , qty per kanban 10 , calculation profile std - 0001

and delivery to customer is 30 days

but here manufacturing is happening on daily basis

How the demand is to be put in system i mean in PIR as it is monthly demand with delivery once in month

because if i take RLT 30 and then what and how system would consider as consumption per unit time

How best it can be done

Waiting for response

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Transfer posting will be done but it will be directly without generation of any type reservation with supply storage location that is the significance of this replenishment type in KANBAN.

As mentioned in my previous posting you need to maintain any of the following replenishment strategies for transfer posting w/o reservation:

0002 Working with direct transfer posting

0004 Transfer posting / MRP

Pls. check whether you have maintained any one of the above transfer posting replenishment strategy for stock transfer KANBAN or not? because these two strategy options for transfer posting will work for your purpose.

Further also don't use separate GR posting for this type of KANBAN.

Try above and revert if still problem persists.

If resolved award points & close the thread.

Regards,

Tejas

Edited by: Tejas Pujara on Oct 23, 2008 1:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi tejas

thanks for the reply but i tried doing this for the 0002 / 0004 stock trnsfer strategy but when i tried doing the kanban full thorugh replenishment from the demand it is not making it to WAIT but to empty .......which is not as per the standard sap procedure

is something i haveto take care for status ...currently i am using empty full and with wait

please see if u have any significant input in this

regards

Amit

PS: also regarding if i want list of order / scheduling agreement along with kanban card numbers as list to vendor when providing him the kanban card ( For replenishment cycle with sheduling agreement )