Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entries in CGPL_PROJECT table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to get the field EXTERNAL_ID from table CGPL_PROJECT using GUID.(I am working on CRM system)

If I pass a value say '48A23D33929F04EBE1000000CC9AA3BB' in GUID ,I am getting so many entries.(Though GUID is a primary key).

I understand that this field has a conversion exit. When I use this exit CONVERSION_EXIT_CGPLP_INPUT in my program for field GUID, I am not getting any output.

Can anybody help me out with this..

Thanks,

Sowrabha.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the entries in Check table CGPL_PRIO of CGPL_PROJECT .

Regards

Jana

0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply..

But I dont understand what this has to do with my problem of conversion exit yielding no result. Could you please explain a bit?

Thanks,

Sowrabha

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know in which application it is using or any Standard tcode

In this Table CGPL_PROJECT, Filed GUID is a type RAW, it will display the value binary format, So we have to fecth these values using some Function Modules.

Regards

Jana

Regards

Jana

0 Kudos

Hi..

I am creating a custom function module and processing my values inside it. I get this GUID from some other function module. I need to find EXTERNAL ID for this GUID.

I just got to know that we need to use CONVERSION_EXIT_CGPLP_OUTPUT for this. But it is not working for me yet.The GUID I am passing to this function module is in the format CHAR itself( and not RAW).

Thanks,

Sowrabha

Edited by: sowrabha k on Sep 26, 2008 2:25 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Pass the 32 bit Guid to teh following method and you will get the external ID directly in the output variable.

DATA: LS_QUESTION_UI TYPE PLMT_QUEST_RES_UI,
          LV_EXTERNAL_ID     TYPE CGPL_EXTID.

LS_QUESTION_UI-guid = ' <32 bit GUID>'.
BREAK-POINT.
    CALL METHOD CL_PLM_AUDIT_CONVERT_SERVICES=>CONVERSION_OUTPUT
      EXPORTING
        IV_INPUT  = LS_QUESTION_UI-GUID
      RECEIVING
        RV_OUTPUT = LV_EXTERNAL_ID.

LV_EXTERNAL_ID contains the values of the external id corresponding to that guid.

Hope thsi will helps you.

Reagrds,

Swarna Munukoti

0 Kudos

Thanks Swarna for your help!!!

But I am still not getting the output(External ID).

The GUID I am passing is of the type CHAR 70.Please let me know if I should make any data type conversion on this before passing it to the method you suggested?

Thanks,

Sowrabha

0 Kudos

Hi,

It might be due to datatype mismatch.Try this way.

If v_guid is your variable of type char70.Pass this value into ls_question_ui-guid that I mentioned in my earlier reply.

ls_question_ui-guid = v_guid.

Now call the method and check whether output is coming ir not.

Hope thsi will be helpful.

Regards,

Swarna Munukoti.