Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sctivate SDCCN

arunkumar_vr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In Solution manager 7.0, I am trying to activate SDCCN. (SMSY-> Environment -> Solution Manager Operations-> Administration SDCCN). When i am inserting a new system, it is giving erro that the back rfc to master system cannot be found. The same is happening, when I am adding the solman system itself.

Please provide a solution to this, as I am not able to proceed the config.

Thanks & Regards,

Arun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

arunkumar_vr
Participant
0 Kudos

Issue was due to temp license in solman. got resolved by the application of actual license details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Please, check the SDCCN activation section of the guide below,this shoud help.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0f35bf3-14a3-2910-abb8-89a7a294...

It covers everything.

Regards, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

you might check the suggestions in note 824521, especially the first one about making sure that a *BACK destination exists.

best regards,

-David.

arunkumar_vr
Participant
0 Kudos

hi david,

I have created the back rfc thru SMSY. But here, I got the error message "SDCCN connection error. connect manually". hence i tried by adding the back rfc destination in satellite system and marked as master too. Still I am getting the same error.

Please advice on how to resolve.

Regards,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

master system should be solman and not satellite system.

insatellite systems in SDCCN active .

SDCCN > utilities> activate.

check the rfc settings in satellite system:

sdccn -- Goto settingstask specificRFC destinationsettings

does the back rfc destination u created is visible there

please add it if not visible

create a session refresh task from satellite system with back rfc as destination

let us know the output

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

Please check the RFC's are working properly.

from Solman system as well as Satellite system.

Please verify form SM59 that the RFC's responsible for SDCCN are working fine.

1. Do connection test.

2. Check for the authorization test also, Sometimes user is not authorized to access the SOLMAn system thru RFC.

Thanks

Amber S

arunkumar_vr
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear mayank,

I was able to activate SDCCN manually in satellite system. ShouldI do the same in solution manager system also?

Thanks,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

its not mandatory to do the same in solman but if u need alerts for solmanas well then please do it.

For solman the rfc needs to be NONE.

arunkumar_vr
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear mayank,

I have also read in some document that an rfc SDCC_OSS has to be created while activating sdccn. This is in solman server or in satellite system? I think this is the rfc that communicates with the oss thru sdccn, rt?

Thanks & Regards,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

this rfc gets created automatically when we activate sdccn.

This rfc is req. mainly in solman as solman communicates with the SAP.

I is also possible to use this rfc in satellite system and send data to SAP directly from there but it is recommended to send it to SAp for dev and qty systems.

arunkumar_vr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hii mayank,

Got the issues resolved. This was simply because the solman server was running on a temp license. Once the installtion number was applied, everything started working fine. But, however, that was nice pieces of information from you. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Arun.