cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to map manufacturing activities on the site

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Its an implementation project. Client's business is making steel building mainly for industrial segments. They have mfg unit in Delhi and various branches all over India. We've decided to treat all branches as plants. Our second concern is all those various sites where construction projects are going on. We cannt treat them as plants as they are temporary customer sites. Now, we need to map following things-

1. Inventory management at project sites. Total inventory, their physical locations with their status (like quality inspection, rejection etc.) How to identify the stocks at project sites without any plant or stores there.

2. Generally client does all mfg at mfg plant and transfer materials at project site but sometimes they send machines at project site for roll forming. How and where we will show the movement of these machines. and how can we show production there without any work-centres bcoz of no plants at sites.

3. Sometimes, they hire machines at project site for roll forming. how to map that?

Pls advise.

Thanks in advance

Dinesh Chauhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the information that you have given, I strongly feel that you have to create a plant for all these project sites. I do not think you will be able to manage all those you have mentioned can be achieved without a plant. I have worked on a similar situation and all the project sites were plants there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. But we cannt create plants for all these sites as total sites are around 100 and important thing is that they are customer sites for just 4-6 months, not permanent locations. And every month few project start, so how can we create plants on regular basis? Its not feasible.

Regards

Dinesh Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this the case, please post a message in MM forum for inventory management so that they can help you. Once you follow their process, you can do the rest.....I am sorry I will not be able to help you beyond this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

not a problem buddy, we'll manage.