cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Content activation in 7.0 new datasource scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I would appreciate if you could help me in an issue Iu2019m currently facing.

Up to know Iu2019ve been working in development & maintenance tasks in several projects, but always upon BW 3.5 and 7.0 but with old datasource model, that is, with the TR and UR Business Content objects.

However, Iu2019m now responsible of designing and building a new project with entirely 7.0 new datasource model (DTP and transformations) and using as much Business Content as possible (Iu2019m especially interested in installing all Logistic Cockpit datamodel (SD, MM scenarios)).

Iu2019ve been reading in SDN about the topic and found some nice post, although some are quite old, so Iu2019m doubting whether something has changed or not in these last years.

To be more precise, my thoughts are:

- Business Content is still based on 3.X? Are there any BC transformations available for those SD, MM datamodel flows?

- If itu2019s only 3.X, as I need to base my datamodel in new functionality, what should I do? Especially, taking into account that Iu2019m interested in not losing all standard coding (start routines and formula fields available in old UR)

a) Install as 3.X datasource and migrate (somehow transform BC activated coding and mappings into new transformation codings and mappings?)

b) Install all I can (like cubes and DSO) and create manually all transformations? If so, is there any easy way to get those mapping fields/coding done instead of manually copy/pasting?

Thanks in advance for your help. Points guaranteed for useful feedback

Best regards,

Enric

Edited by: Enric Barba Soriano on Sep 29, 2008 9:57 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/03c035dc7821abe10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Also check this thread :

/thread/121274 [original link is broken]

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback,

however, I had already reviewed those links before, but as they are more than 2 years old, I was wonthering whether there's been any change/improvement in the methodology to use preconfigured BC in new datasource model:

- availability of BC transformations already in 7.0 model

- tools to convert ABAP and assignments from 3.X to 7.0,

- no more dumps after migration of solution, etc.

Regards,

Enric