cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping multiple portal users with single BW user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

is it right to map multiple portal users (or a group of users) to single BW user? i have a problem in showing BW reports on portal when I map a group( my group or everyone group) to BW user in portal.

when there is one to one mapping ( name of portal user is same as name in BW), things work.

Please comment.

regards

pranav goswami

Edited by: Pranav Goswami on Sep 29, 2008 12:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pranav goswami,

Is it right to map multiple portal users (or a group of users) to single BW user?

Ans: Yes, We can assign multiple portal users to single BW user. If you assign more that one user to single BW user, portal will give waring message to you "this BW user is mapped with some portal user" but you can ignore this.

When there is one to one mapping ( name of portal user is same as name in BW), things work.

Ans: If you have maintain same userids in portal and BW, I will suggest you do configure SSO between Portal to BW, then no need to map users.

Regards,

Nagaraju Parlapalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comments.

I have a constraint, I can not create multiple users in BW system. So For time being i have mapped everyone portal group with one BW user.

If there is one to one mapping of users, BW report is displayed is a single flash(with no user/password popup for backend access).

In other case, For every report resource (like image,JS & CSS files) portal asks to login(via window pop up for backend access). if you keep on canceling the pop up, report data is displayed without images and JS and CSS effect. I'm not sure the problem is due to multiple user mapping.

one of the forums states not to map multiple portal users with single BW user, as in case of invert calls (from BW to portal) BW is unable to recognize which portal user had placed the call.

Thanks and Regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

executing 'sicf' transaction of BW system and adding anonymous user to mime services solve the issue.

Thanks

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

We can map group (multiple user) to single user. It will show warning message in ume and appliation will get the output regarding the mapped (BW) user.

What is teh problem you are facing here?

Regards,

Chinnadurai R