cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events in Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have copied th standard workflow WS20000075(Workflow for release of purchase order) into a custom workflow WS92000007. The process works but one strange thing is that the process works only once.

That is When i create purchase order in ME21N my workflow is triggered but immediately after this when i check my workflow the Event is in Inactive state and i have to activate it again before i create a new PO.

Why does this happen. Has anyone faced this problem

Regards,

RV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the whether the event entry is present in SWETYPV tyransaction. If it is not there please maintain it and start working on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bharathi,

Thanks for the quick response. I am using the event "RELEASESTEPCREATED" and it is not present in the transaction. Can you explain the significance of "Event type linkages"?

Regards,

RV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RV,

in the transaction SWETYPV, you have to activate the linkage and make the option 'Behaviour upon Error feedback' as 'Do not change linkage'. so that even in error your linkage will not change. Now you can check the workflow log(SWI1) for any errors in the workflow and as well as verify whether the event is triggerred or not in SWEL.

Hope this helps.

Regs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Regards,

RV

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RV,

the reason its getting deactivated could be because there are some error in your WF definition, probably BINDING, check BINDING again.

Hope it helps.

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can see the below link for all your questions of Events

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c5/e4aa8c453d11d189430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Events are used to trigger the workflows. If the event is deactivated, tat particular workflow wont get triggered.