cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Goods Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I am trying to add new access in Access Sequence by using standard condition table 502 - Sales org/Plant/Material.

I have maintained condition record through VBN1. But it doesnt give free good line item at time of sales order creation. The funny part is that when i m maintaining condition record at defferent level it determines free goods.

What setting i m missing?

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Happy Surana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

we tried the access sequence for Sales Org/Plant/Material as well and this did not work for us. my speculation is that it is better to use Distribution Channel instead of Plant in a condition record that is actually sales related and not MM related.

the challenge then is to try matching Distribution Channel to Plant. of course, this is easier said than done because you may have a more complex sales structure. however, try this.

regards.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please use the series 901-999 for creating condition table for free goods.

you are using key combination with plant combination it may not work, as per my knowledge plant does not have maintained table for free goods.

Regards,

Balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I tried several combinations with plant for free goods. I too didnu2019t get the desired output. The same I tried for the rest and every instance it was successful when I have not included plant field in the table.

If some one already worked on the same and find the reason why the free goods was not effective if we included plant field please do let me know. I really want to know why this is not happening.

Regards,

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

i have tried the same thing. i have tried with so many combination fields. but when plant is added in the combination, free goods are not being activated. but with other combinations like s.orgn/cust/matl, s.org/d.c/matl etc it is working.

so is there any idea why it will not work if plant is added in fields in condition tables.

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

with regard to the Plant as variable, i tried this also with other pricing and meterial determination condition types and the results were the same as for free goods, which means it did not work well (sometimes it works but very erratically). i think this is because the Plant is not directly related to sales in condition technique. it could work for other Logistics situations such as batch determination, but not for pricing or free goods. this could be because of assignments or some requirements that need to first be fulfilled but beyond the capabilities of the condition technique.

it would be nice to use Plant for sales related accesses. perhaps an ABAP person can take up this challenge and analyze the system's logic for us?

regards and thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have made all the assignment correctly than chek your condition record entry in table.

Rgards

San

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all

The same qn was put in yesterdays S.D sales forum by another friend Mr. Nagabhushanam,even i gave some solns

But when i work on my solns the problem still persists.

This is a peculiar problem which i am also facing

So experts before giving soln pls try yourself and see ,because normal checking,realigning of steps in access sequnce doesnt seem to solve the problem in this case

Watching this closely

Regards

raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Sep 26, 2008 5:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

You are absolutly right. We were using same condition type and access sequence before and it was working fine. Now only change i have made is that add new access (Condition table) in existing access sequence.

Now for rest of accesses it works find and fetch the record maintain for respective access. But for the new access it does not find any record.

Provide me if you have any solution ..

Regards

Happy Surana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether field assignment is done in the access sequence for the new table. Goto the access sequence, select the access and double click on fields.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. Field selection has been done correctly. Still having same problem.

Regards

Happy Surana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Free goods determination is based on Condition technique and while conffiguring all setting and record maintaining, we hav to assign the pricing procesure to sales document type. then it start working.

thanks

mk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain your setting.

Regards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There was an existing access sequence named ZA00 in which three accesses were there now we want a new access at Sales org/Plant/Material level so we got table 502 which we assigned to existing access sequence and we are even able to maintain condition records via VBN1 for the new access created

Problem is still after maintaining condition records we are unable to get free goods at the time of sales order creation through this newly created access .

Regards,

Happy Surana