Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material group chang even when request is rejected

former_member182485
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am designing a WF where to change the Material Group need approval of supervisor if rejected by supervisor workflow initiator will get a mail for rejection and material group will not be changed.

I designed and linked it to the event the WF is triggering properly but the problem is when supervisor reject the request the WF initiator get a mail but Material group is not set to itu2019s previous value it is getting changed.

Regards

Bikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bikas,

The workflow is going to be triggered only when you save the changes that you have made to the material group. So to revert the changes when the superior rejects the proposal, You have to create a method in which the the material group is changed to the previous value. For that reason what I feel, get the previous value of the material group from the CDHDR and CDPOS tables and create a background process(a BDC) which updates the material group to the previous value. Use this method in a step in the workflow that you have designed.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Sam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The workflow step sequence decides what your workflow does. You should be changing the material group only if approved.

Regards,

Purnima.

former_member182485
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Purnima,

Can you please explain how to do that ?

Currently I have designed a WF where first step is user decision and after that there is a mail step I have linked it to event which is triggering properly.

Regards

Bikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bikas,

Could you elaborate a little? Your workflow should have atleast one more step which is actually doing the change. Is this step before or after your user decision step? Also, what event is triggering the mail?

Regards,

Purnima.