Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issue

former_member198275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have created a index for VBRP table. Now i have adjusted and activated the table. Now will it cause any problem in Production? Is there any disadvantages of it?By the way after indexing my report become fast. Any expart comments!!

Redards.

Kaushik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After creating an index it's adisable to run optimizer statistics in tcode DB13.

Regards,

Valter Oliveira.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

This might help you..

[]

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/cf/21eb20446011d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Purnima.

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After creating an index it's adisable to run optimizer statistics in tcode DB13.

Regards,

Valter Oliveira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok try to prepare a simple report using VBRP tableand check the performance in SE30. Again you compare with another client if you are having where the index is not created for VBRP table and analyze the performance in that which will show you definitely that performance gap.

To my knowledge if you have created the index there might me performance enhancement only rather than any defects.

Hope my answer helps you.

Cheers!!

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which fields did you create the index for? Just asking because often times performance problems can be solved by using table VBFA instead of creating new indexes e.g. on VBRP fields VGBEL/VGPOS or AUBEL/AUPOS.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

the fields are AUBEL/AUPOS.

former_member198275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks