Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SY-REPID syntax check warning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I get the following warning message when doing a

syntax check for my program:

"Transfer of SY-REPID is problematic. The name of the

target program is transferred with external calls "

What's wrong, could you help me?

Thanks,

Nihad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to avoid that you can do this way...

data: v_repid type sy-repid.

v_repid = sy-repid.

and use v_repid where ever you want...

In the case of ALV programs, we generally pass the Program name if you pass sy-repid, that time you get that warning in general. to avoid that we can use the above approach.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

what type of program u r doing...specify the question clearly...

shan.

naveen_inuganti2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..,

I think you are passing the program i.e with SY-REPID into objects of some other systems or client independent objects.

Please check it.

and let me know where are you passing the program actually. Is it related to data transfering or external calls like RFC.

Thanks,

Naveen.I

Former Member
0 Kudos

The system field SY-REPID is not available in the SYST table from the release ECC 5.0 onwards.

Instead use SY-CPROG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I created the report that takes another report as input. My report should take the output

of the second report and convert it to pdf and save it to local hard drive...

While syntax error checking the warning comes out and I don't get the pdf file created..

And I am working on 4.6c..

What could be the problem?

Nihad

Edited by: nihad omerbegovic on Sep 26, 2008 12:03 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

SY-REPID is the system field for the current program which changes when you are calling some other program or your program is being called so in place of using sy-repid in you program you should use a variable like sy-repid and move the value of your program name and use that variable that would resole your issue.

Regards,

Himanshu Verma

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to avoid that you can do this way...

data: v_repid type sy-repid.

v_repid = sy-repid.

and use v_repid where ever you want...

In the case of ALV programs, we generally pass the Program name if you pass sy-repid, that time you get that warning in general. to avoid that we can use the above approach.