Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Logging bridge: log4j -> SAP logging API

Hello,

I am trying to redirect the logging from our application (which uses Log4j) to the SAP logging API. After following the instruction form [this|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20ecb0f4-ccb0-2a10-46aa-ceee8895f34b|SAP_Logging_Bridge_NW_CE_7.1.pdf] document, I'm getting the following error (during the deployment):

Class-path entry lib/log4j.properties specified in E:usrsapEE5J00j2eeclusterserver0 empdeployworkdeployingBPE.ear1222420732833sync-web-7.5.jar/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file cannot be resolved.

The MANIFEST.MF file in the abovementioned jar contains the log4j.properties file in the classpath. That file resides in the lib/ folder on the top level of EAR. There are several jar files in my EAR and each of them has many jars from lib/ folder in the classpath entry in MANIFEST file. if I remove the lib/log4j.properties entry from the sync-web-7.5.jar, I get the same error reported for another top-level jar.

To clear-up: the EAR structure is as following:

BPE.ear
 -- META-INF
    -- application.xml
    -- (several other xml files)
 -- lib  
    -- activation-1.1.jar
    -- (many other 'library' jars)
    -- log4j-1.2.14.jar
    -- log4j.properties 
 -- BPE.war
 -- sync-web-7.5.jar
 -- (several other jars)

The server I'm using is NetWeaver 7.1, 64 bit (production env).

I would be very greatful for any helpful answers what I might be doing wrong here. I tried to move the log4j.properties to the top level, but got similar error message.

Regards,

-Milosz

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question