cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLIENT COPY PARAMTER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

system is ready with sap ecc 6.0 installed.unix 11.1.now i want to do local client copy.i have created new client say 300.

i heared that we need to set one profle parameter before making local clinet copy.other wise local client copy is not allowed.could you pls tell me what parametr is that.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

login in created client with user sap* and password is pass then use sccl for local client or scc9 for remote client copy. If you are using sccl9 then you have to create on rfc connection with sm59 tcode and use this rfc name in scc9.

Put rest info which is requred by system and run.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You can also otherwise schedule the local client copy in batch mode, i.e in background. In such a case you need not change the parameter value for rdisp/max_wprun_time.

Also, check out for the archive log files, in case of oracle check the file size of /oracle/<SID>/oraarch (from OS level with df -k for AIX). If archive log is full, problems might occur.

Check DB-Space in DB2, (DB02):

1. Log ontp SAP.

2. Execute transaction client copy profile.

3. Select the required client copy profile.

4. Select the test Copy Option

5. Execute the client copy in background.

6. Use transaction SCC3 to view the log to see how much data will be copied

7. Use Transaction db02,current sizes to see if enough space is available

8. Check for tablespace <SID>#BTABD,<SID>#STABD, <SID>#BTABI, <SID>SA#STABI

the used space(with respect to the space requirement of from scc3). Else add datafiles.

Check Disk Space:

Check to see if enough space is available for additional database files.

If you find that there is a space shortage, get the unix (or OS) administrator to add more

disk space to the file system.

Regards,

Priya

Edited by: Debapriya Sur on Sep 27, 2008 5:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply ashok.

i do know which parameter.but u have said 2 profile parameters.

1st parameter wp_run_time..u have not said what we have to do in this.

2nd parameter----- no automatic user sapstar......after installation this parameter will be of value 0 only.because it is the default value.why we need to set this to 0 as already it is 0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rejesh,

The first parameter default value is 300 so double of the value the request will time out.Set this to a higher value like 1800 do avoid time out.

second parameter check if it is set to 1 in rz11 if 1 then change to 0 unless no changes required.by default this value will be 1 i think.

Make changes to profiles in rz10

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Are you talking abiut this parameter

rdisp/max_wprun_time

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar

The second parameter has to be set to 0 if it is one then you can not login to 300 with user sap* and password pass.

Regards

Ashok

Edited by: Ashok Dalai on Sep 26, 2008 11:53 AM