Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Determination and update of master data attribute in DP

Hi, we have the following business requirement: Upon importing the demand history into an APO-DP info-cube, we should determine the XYZ-indicator for each product, where the X, Y and Z indicator depends on the past consumption pattern (number of months with consumption). The result of the XYZ indicator determination must be stored either as a characteristic or as a master data attribute. This depends on whether we need to calculate both the cross-location XYZ indicator and the location-level XYZ-indicator. Probably we will need to calculate both. What I am looking for is a convenient way to do this calculation and update. The XYZ indicator will be used for assignment of forecast profile. Obivously we could build an ABAP program, but we want to avoid that if possible.

The business wanted us to handle this requirement via a macro, so that they could easily adjust the rules for calculating the XYZ indicator. Unfortunately I was not able to see how the characteristic / attribute could be updated from a macro.

One possible way I thought of was, assuming that we store the XYZ indicator as a characteristic in the info-cube rather than a master data attribute, do the calculation in an update rule between the initial info-cube and a "duplicate" info-cube where the XYZ indicator only is populated in the "duplicate" info-cube.

Anyone faced a similar requirement and have good ideas on how to handle it without going the ABAP route?

Kind regards,

Geir Kronkvist

Edited by: Geir Kronkvist on Sep 26, 2008 11:53 AM

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question