cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in VC after installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yesterday I installed a CE 7.1 Productive Edition Server with J2EE and Composition Platform. After executing all the mentioned points in thes blog I started the VC. And here the drama begins.

- I'm getting script-errors in Internet Explorer (e.g. The object doesn't support the property or method, http://skoll:50000/VC/servlet/Fetcher?urn=core.dev:common.NewModelDlg_Comp.htm%26ver=1222420282875). I don't know if this description is right. It's a german browser and I translated it.

- When creating a new Model (Composite View) the fields Software Component, Repository and Development Component stay empty. But in fact I think there should be entries like "local repository" as default. And if i click on "New" @ Development Component, nothing happens..

Anyone knows which mistake I have made?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first thing you should check is the installation of the Visual Composer Prerequisites as described here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/5a/ce36945e8d4f99b1e1ade2fa27657c/frameset.htm

You may also find the following thread useful.

Regards,

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your reply. But I fullfilled all the prerequesites mentioned. Except the NWDI integration. But I'm damn sure that this isn't neccessary. Or is it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Which version of Internet Explorer are you using?

Thanks,

Omer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, first I used Version 6. Now I'm using Version 7 with the newest updates. But the problem still consists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds like a pop-up blocker / some sort of security issue (Anti-Virus/Firewall) which causes the script not to run properly.

First thing i suggest to do is to try and disable any pop-up blocker, maybe add the Machine's address to the "Trusted Sites" in the Browser.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Omer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried todo so. I added every invoked machine as trusted site. I've disabled popup-blocker and phishingfilter. I looked at the security settings which are looking good. The error still consists. Finaly I tried running VC directly on the server (which has an english OS) to give you the proper english error-description:

Line: 4928

Char: 1

Error: Object doesn't support this property or method

Code: 0

URL: http://localhost:50000/VC/servlet/Fetcher?urn=core.dev.main.framework.htm%26ver=1222849461656

Thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please try the following:

Try to login with the IP address of the machine, alternatively, try to login using the FQDN (that is, the hostname + its suffix).

Let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Omer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sadly both attempts didn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What URL do you use to login into Visual Composer?

Thanks,

Omer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

2 more things maybe left to try:

Please try and login using the same URL's only with /VC/freestyle.jsp at the end.

Also, Can you please check with your IT department if there is some script blocking Firewall which is affecting the Browsers you are using?

Best Regards.

Omer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are my personal hero!!! Finaly it seems to work with this freestyle-thing. Can you additionaly describe me why this was the problem? I don't want to die dumb. This would give some additional Forum-Points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok then,

I suspect maybe that the current System Template has a wrong setting for which URL to use for VC.

An a example for a System Template with the correct setting would be: CE_composition_environment_production_full.

But i suggest consulting with the person who administrates this machine for the right template.

Alternatively, you can use the NWA application (/nwa) to define the correct redirect URL for the /VC URL by navigating to Configuration Management --> Infrastructure --> Java System Properties --> select and expand the current template used, select the Instance ID --> Services Tab --> search for "dev" --> VisualComposer-Development Server --> in the Extended Details window search for "fla" --> make sure the property "ds.core.defaultflavor"; is set to "freestyle".

I'm glad i could help.

Best Regards.

Omer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this was it. Once again: Thanks for your help!

Answers (0)