C Open storage

F Fixed bins

I Addition to existing stock

K Near picking bin

L Next empty bin

P Storage unit type

Q Dynamic coordinate quant number

R Dynamic coordinate reference number

But actually I want to know only C, I and P. How to use these strategy, the meaning that and what to use it for? Pls, explain me clearly that it will be useful for me.

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer this link

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/c6/f844694afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm]

This could help you

Edited by: rksap7284 on Sep 26, 2008 3:31 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

*F: Fixed Bin Storage:*This putaway strategy is used when a material is to be stored in a fixed bin in a storage type. This strategy is used primarily in storage types from which picking is done manually. You define the fixed bin in the material master record (the warehouse view).

C: Open Storage:The system uses this putaway strategy to find the storage bin in an open storage section. Open storage is a type of warehouse organization in which you define a single storage bin for a storage section. The quants in the storage bin can also be in the form of mixed storage.

*L: Next Empty Storage Bin*

When addition to existing stock has been defined as a putaway strategy for a storage type, the system places goods in storage bins that already contain the same material. With this strategy, the system searches for a storage bin in which the material is already being stored. A prerequisite for addition to existing stock is that sufficient capacity still exists in the respective storage bin. If the system cannot find a storage bin with the same material or the capacity of the storage bin will not allow additional quants to be stored, the system switches to the "next empty bin" strategy, that is, it searches for the next available empty storage bin.

K: Putaway near Picking BinThis putaway strategy is used when a material is to be placed in a reserve storage area. The system does not search to see whether a fixed storage bin is available. You can configure the system so that fixed bin assignment is carried out first and if no empty bin is found, the system then uses the strategy to search for a reserve storage area that is as close as possible to the fixed storage area of the material. This strategy can also be used on its own.

P: Storage Unit TypeUsing this putaway strategy, the system processes different storage unit types (for example, pallets) and allocates them to the appropriate section. Often, one storage bin is divided into several smaller sections. Typically, only the same storage unit types can be placed into a storage bin at one time.

I: Addition to Existing StockFor this putaway strategy, the system proposes the next empty bin. Randomly organized warehouses are supported with this strategy, whereby materials are stored in separate storage sections. This strategy is especially suited for high rack storage and shelf storage.

B: Bulk Storage Materials that occur in large quantities and therefore generally take up a lot of space in storage (for example tires, glass products, and beverages) are often stored in bulk storage