SAPMMC tree disappear
My SAPMMC suddenly disappeared after restarting the server, i have tried to recover it by:
- adding snap-in, but it showed error when activating:
CAN NOT CONNECT TO SAP SERVICE on PORTAL01
WebService errror: 20
DCOM Interface error: 80070424
The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
- try to run startsap manually from command line (did not work), with command:
startsap.exe name=SLM nr=00 SAPDIAHOST=<host name> profile=d:/usr/sap/SLM/SYS/profile/START_DVEBMGS00_hostname
1. How to recover SAPMMC without re-installing CI?
2. Proper command to startsap manually from command line.
3. What's the root cause for such problem? How to avoid this in the future?
Since this is solman system that urgently required, your assistance and advice are greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Debasis Sahoo replied
Check the path
portal01\saploc\SLM\DVEBMGS00\work exists or not?
saploc is the share name of \usr\sap directory. did someone remove it..?
Right click on SAP folder > properties > go to sharing..check if one of the sharename is saploc or not. (if saploc is not there, then create click on New Share > give the name as saploc >
Userlimit - maximum allowed.
Click on permission - Assign full control.
FYI, the sap folder will have two share names, 1. sapmnt 2. saploc
if sapmnt is there, don't remove it.
hope this will help