cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a doubt.How partner functions are determined in sales docuemnt header and item level.

I checked in partner determination for sales document item.The item category xxx is assigned to the partner procedure.Under that partner procedure there are only 3 partner functions Ship to, Bill to, Payer.Out of which Ship to is marked mandatory.But when I create a sales order having the item category xxx and check the partners at item level there are 5 different partner functions determined including sold to party in the item level.

Can anyone explain how this works?

Regards

Mano

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whatever Partner functions are assigned to the Procedure assigned to the Sales document Type, only those partner functions will feature in the Sales document header.

In the procedure assigned to the Item category you will find like that 3 only only as in the Sales order you can not have different Sold-to-party for different Item.

Whichever Sold-to-party is there in the header that is applicable to all item. So at item level Procedure

sold-to-party partner function is not required to assign.

Sold-to-party is unique for a Sales order and can not be changed.

But at Item level, you can have different Ship-to-party for different items so the partner function has to be there and to deliver the item one SH is mandatory, that is why it has been marked mandatory in the Procedure.

All the partner function assigned to the Procedure at header level will be copied to all item. In your procedure for the header you must be having 5 partner functions.

You can change the SH at item level for few items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got some idea from your reply.I have another query.Under partner procedure we enter all the required partner functions.There there is mandatory indicator.If I mark this indicator for sales document type level that particular part func is automatically determined in the sales order.But if I mark it in the item category level, it is not automatically determined in the item/ level partners in the sales order.

How this works

Regards

mano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The header data applies to the item level as well when you create a sales order if your item category cusotmization Business Item is NOT MARKED... if you mark this you can see the partner functions at item level which have assigned in your item level procedure.

Do let me know.

Hrishi