Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating work flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am new to Work flow,

can any body tell me how can i trigger the work flow from my abap program, and how can i send the required details from the program to W/F ?

kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
INCLUDE <cntn01>.

DATA :
   t_spfli TYPE
  STANDARD TABLE
        OF spfli
      WITH HEADER LINE,

t_cont TYPE
  STANDARD TABLE
        OF swcont,

wa_task TYPE swwwihead-wi_rh_task VALUE 'WS99900012'.

SELECT *
   FROM spfli
   INTO TABLE t_spfli
   UP TO 30 ROWS.

swc_set_table t_cont 'TS_SPFLI' t_spfli.

CALL FUNCTION 'EWW_WORKFLOW_START'
  EXPORTING
    x_task          = wa_task
  TABLES
    x_container     = t_cont
  EXCEPTIONS
    invalid_task    = 1
    no_active_plvar = 2
    start_failed    = 3
    general_error   = 4
    OTHERS          = 5.
IF sy-subrc <> 0.
  MESSAGE ID sy-msgid TYPE sy-msgty NUMBER sy-msgno
          WITH sy-msgv1 sy-msgv2 sy-msgv3 sy-msgv4.
ELSE.

WRITE :
   / 'Workflow Triggered'.

ENDIF.
Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi every body,

i triggered the event of the my work flow from the ABAP code ( using function module SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT ). but i couldnt see any messages or work flows to be carried out in my (user) inbox(Business Work Place).i used the FORMABSC BUsiness object in the work flow.

And also i configured the agent as user (my name).

can anybody tell me what would be the problem? or else is anything is required to configure in the basis side?

thanks,

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Narin,

i am new to WF,

it was not clear, actually i want to integrate the work flow with BPM in PI (Process Integration 7.0.

i am trying to create WF part in the SAP R/3, for the the Aproval part, because PI 7.0 doesnt have the feature User decision. So i am trying to push the data of Leave details to the WF and trigger the WF in the R/3 through a proxy program.

For creating Work flow, is Bussiness Object needed? What is the use of it, but i dont have any Business object for my Leave details, What to do?

My actual thought is,

1. create srcreen in SAP R/3, which has all the relevent fields of Leave details like emp_id, start date, end date, leave balance. i will put user commands(push buttons) like Approve, Reject, change.

In Wf this screen should apear with the leve fields with the corresponding values and push buttons.

once the manager or aprover clicks any the push buttons, in the next step the corresponding action should be done.

in this, is it possible to put the logic to capture the status of the WF like approved or Rejected? and send it back to the program in which this WF called?

Is it possible? or is there any alternative solution?

here in this i have query, how can i proceed? and what are the pre requisits to create WF?( like Busines Objects, triggring events, sep sequences, contaner elements, data base tables and structures etc.) and how do i create it?

can you give me the code? and Tcodes, to maitain events, etc....

can anybody help me?

thanks,

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i am trying to create W/F using forms.

the first step is a Approved Form.

in this form i want to display the emp leave aplied details like emd_id, start_date, end_date.

the actual values of this fields should come from the program (internal table).

this can be Approved or Rejected by the manager.

once he approved or rejected , the status should be caught and send it to the called program.

here the question is how can i pass the emp leave details to the Approved form from my program?

And how can i caught the status of the workflow steps and send back to the program?

can anybody tell me?

kumar

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Everything matters with Binding between the Business object Event and the Workflow Container Elements

and some code..

Please check this link..

In SWE_EVENT_CREATE pass the table values and do the binding perfectly in Workflow Start Events..

Declare a Multiline Element in workflow for binding.

Please check this thread for procedure

Hope this would help you.

Good luck

Narin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, thanks....

but how can i create the event, and how can i link with the work flow?

thanks.....

kumar

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Please check this link for [Triggering Events Through program|http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Workflow/EvtsPrg/EvtsPrg.htm]

As above is the programming part to trigger the Business object Event , these are the steps that should be done in Workflow(SWDD) tcode.

In SWDD Tcode:

1) In START EVENTS ( IN HEADER DATA)  of WORKFLOW specify the Business object and 
   metion the event by which the workflow has to be triggered.
2) Acivate the binding which is there beside the Business object in start events itself

3) Specify a Acitvity step and Create a Task and in that Task specify the Business object and 
   the method that should get executed when a Workitem gets executed.

4) Activate the workflow

5) Switch on the event trace from SWELS tcode
6) Execute the Tcode which triggers the change document object or by another process 
    which triggers the change document object.

7) Switch off the event trace using SWELS

8) Check the Event trace using SWEL

9) Find your worlflow in the RECIEVER column of the Event trace in the line of Business object..

10) Find you WORKITEM in INBOX and Execute it. You will be Navigated to MM01 Tcode as it is
     mentioned in BO Method.

Hope this would help you and solve your issue.

Good luck

Narin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if an event exists for that particular workflow then the best way is to use fm SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT,

to start a workflow from an ABAP you can use fm SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW.

refer to the link below for a detailed discussion on the topic

Also refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/c5/e4a930453d11d189430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

The below is the link for tutorial of workflow programming

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/fb/1359c4457311d189440000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Hope this helps

Regards

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you need to use the FM "SWE_EVENT_CREATE" to trigger the event from an abap prog. this in turn will trigger the appropriate WF.

you can send the required details from program to WF in the "event_container" parameter of the FM.

if you search for SWE_EVENT_CREATE in this forum, you will easily get details on how to use it.