Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide 'Portal Favorites' iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I know to hide the Portal Favourites iView on everypage, you can:

Content Admin > Portal Conten » Portal Users » Standard Portal Users » FrameworkPage (Edit Object) » InnerPage (Edit) » Portal Favorites (uncheck the visible checkbox)

It did works, the favourites iView is gone. However, the funny thing is after a stopsap JC00 and startsap JC00, the favourite iview reappears. I rechecked the Portal Favourites checkbox and went back to checked!! (seems that after a reboot the settings is gone). Anyone have any resolutions?

EP: NW7 SPS14 (SR3)

DB: Oracle 10g

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

The question I have is how do I completely remove the navigation panel, and not just the favourites for example.

So essentially what I want to do, is when I open an iview, it should use the entire width of my screen and not have the expanded navigation panel on the left.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Freddie Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I did as you mention, hiding the Favorites Portal, the result is that I hide all the framework and leave only the header, how can I reverse this in the menu option no longer gives me nothing, any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it would reappear after you restart the portal. In order to avoid this, create a new Framework Page as a delta copy of the original and then try and it would work. SAP advices to always create a delta and then modify the framework page.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

But where will you create delta copy of the original on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Content Admin > Portal Conten » Portal Users » Standard Portal Users » DefaultFrameworkPage

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roger,

I guess you might be having a folder of your own where you put all the iviews roles or worksets that you are creating, create a copy of the Default framework in this folder.

But, once you have done that you will have to alter your MASTER RULE and point the framework page to the one you have created.

[Editing the master rule for new framework and Desktop|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6483a890-0201-0010-48a6-b6e595111efe]

Good Luck!

Sandeep Tudumu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandeep Tudumu. I see we need to make changes to the Master Rule(main_rules) to take effect of new framework.

Another workaround to overcome the problem of favorites iView from not showing after stopsap and startsap, one must edit the framework not from "Contents provided by SAP" rather from Portal Content > Portal User > ....