Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with CR Local after System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a big problem, namely:

I made a System Copy to have a clone of production environment where testing and possibly developing a database consistent. The problem is that every time you try to modify an object that is placed in a cr local not transportable. This happens because the object to change is seen as originating in another environment.

How can I remedy this problem?

Best regards.

Edited by: Diego Garofalo on Sep 26, 2008 10:06 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

This is not because the object to change is seen as originating in another environment but for below reason.

Normally we develop in development system and move to other systems in the landscape.The change request created will be assigned to a transportable package not $TMP.But in the copied system this is not the case that is why the requests are created as local.

If this system is a standalone system then you can create virtual systems and configure the transport root then transportable request will be created.If the ststem is included to the existing landscape then only local request will be created.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately I have not made a postactivity with the SE06, but in particular what does and what will change?

Moreover, the environment is standalone and I have correctly configured STMS. The problem arises with its already existing objects that I want change because they see it as belonging to another original system (of course) and another class of development. Everything can not be changed except in TADIR.

Is there a way so that SAP always ask the dev. class to use?

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

If you have not done se06 setting specific option Database Copy/Database Migration it will create issues with modification.Please read below link.You can perform that now and configure the tms again.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/57/38de814eb711d182bf0000e829fbfe/content.htm

After that create a package and assign the transport layer to it.Next time unwords it will take that package.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

I beg to differ with you. It is happening because of original non-original system. Every object is attached to a development class which in turn is attached to a transport layer which then has atatchment to system in the transport route. In our landscape we have a master development system and a bug fix system. Master development system is the original source system while the bug fix is not. Whenever bug fixing is done the changes can be saved in only a local transport. This is standard SAP behaviour. It can however be probably altered by attaching the original transport layer to the bug fix system. We havenot tried it because in 4.6C (our release) after saving the changes you can assign a target group to the local transport and hence we didnot feel the need. However in higher releases you cannot do this and hence proabably need to alter you transport routes.

Hello Diego,

Just add the transport layer to the transport route originating from the target system and then check.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to solve it by changing the association in T_DEVC between the class development and the transport layer.

Thanks and Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

Not the best approach coz you need to do this everytime there is a transport from original system.

With Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you performed post system copy activities in target system?

If not please perform post system copy activities in target system.

The most important activity is SE06 in that select Database Copy/Database Migration option and then click on Perform Post Installation Activity

and try to configure TMS freshly

Thanks and Regards

Khurshid