cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling reports from a unix server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am in the process of figuring out if crystal reports meets my requirements. I am currently using the 30 day trial license for Crystal reports 2008. I have an account on crystalreports.com where I have published one report using the desktop publisher.

Is there a way I can install crystal reports on my DB server and publish reports from there? I have a unix based server.

That way, I can create the report locally and place it on the server. Then the publisher refreshes these reports on a scheduled basis and pushes them to crystalreports.com.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Utkarsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrick_genest
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Utkarsh,

Crystal Reports designer is only available on MS Windows, but for scheduling reports you do not need Crystal Reports, but Enterprise, and Business Objects an SAP company do have version of Enterprise for unix based platform.

Depending on your needs their is different product that includes Enterprise like:

- Crystal Reports Server

- BusinessObjects Edge XI 3.0

- BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.0

Using the above products you can schedule reports. For more information on those products, I will suggest to go to Business Objects website at www.businessobjects.com

Hope this help!

Patrick

Answers (0)