cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in creating the report to find top 5 long running Queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a report which should give the result for top 5 long runnings queries for the givin multiprovider or all the multi providers.

I am creating the report on 0TCT_MC01 statistics cube. But it is displaying the result for all queries with all executed times. But i want only top 5. If i include the condition to put top 5, same query is getting if it takes long time.

how can i achieve this.

Regards,

Vishnu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

it will take a long time - so you then tune your stats cubes - do exactly the same thing if one of your normal queries was taking a long time

Have you compressed your stats cubes? are the DB statistics up to date?

Are they partitioned? Have you put a selection on a date parameter using the partioned time characteristic

etc..

etc..

Former Member
0 Kudos

one more - the 0TCT_MC01 also contains the virtual cube of ST03N type entries not yet loaded to yoru cube

When was the last time you loaded stats into the base cubes?

If it was some time ago - then load the cube thus the virtual cube will take less time to retrieve the data

Or even better - on include infoprovider = 0TCT_C01 inside your query

Former Member
0 Kudos

These cubes are loaded daily. And no problems in accessing the data. but i want to restrict the queries and i want only top 5 long running for each multiproviders.

Regards,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well conditions work on the entire result set - and if the result set is large - then unfortunately unless you tune memory then that is how long it is going to take