cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on a scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

At a customer side(running on XI sp 10, tomorrow upgrade to sp 14 finds place.) I have to create a scenario.

The scenario is as follows. Customers send master en transactional data to a central mailbox. The mail contains about 6-7 CSV files per customer. Each CSV file contains different data, so each file in the mail is a different structure.

From the mailbox, the data needs to be transferred via XI to SAP BW. Policy is not to use File/FTP adapter for transfers between systems.

Could somebody please advice me on how to handle/create this scenario in XI?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

you'll have to create your own

adapter/adapter module

as in standard XI does not support

multiple mail attachments

then you can transfer the data to the integration engine

and from there to the BW (via abap proxy for example)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

> you'll have to create your own

> adapter/adapter module

> as in standard XI does not support

> multiple mail attachments

Does it not support multiple attachments or does it not support multiple attachments with different structures?

As I was also thinking about getting the mail attachements en put the CSV files on the local XI filesystem. Then send them via a file adapter(s) with content conversion to the integration engine. But this is also not possible with standard XI?

> then you can transfer the data to the integration

> engine

> and from there to the BW (via abap proxy for

> example)

This is indeed the plan via ABAP proxy, but the main "problem" is it getting into the integration engine.

> Regards,

> michal

Patrick

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Does it not support multiple attachments or does it not support multiple attachments with different structures?

it does not - so you will have to create

a adapter module (adapter - user exit) - quite easy

or a new adapter - a lot more work

>>>>Then send them via a file adapter(s) with content conversion to the integration engine. But this is also not possible with standard XI?

this is possible but still you have to get the message

to the IE first (cause the mail adapter will not support multiple attachments)

you can transfet the messages as strings

and put them into one of the folders and use content conversion later on

I believe you could do everything in standard (Even the content conversion in the mail adapter)

if your partners would send only one csv attachmenet per mail

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

> if your partners would send only one csv attachmenet

> per mail

This is no problem to send one attachment per mail.

As the e-mails have different attachments names, stored in the content-type, eg.(seen via message monitoring):

content-type: application/octet-stream;name="BCS_CBW_N02_DSTD_001_012005_54.CSV"

How do I get the file name out of the content-type? So I can use is to store it via file adapter on the file system?