Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to publish from Crystal to BO

JuanCLazaro
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some problems when trying to publish from Crystal to BO. I select automatically publish to enterprise option, but I get the follwing error:

"An error occurred while savin and/or publishing. The return code 503 was returned from the server. The given report id is invalid."

If I save without checking that option, there is no problem.

Does anybody know what this could be?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

adil_madid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have done a Webex session and just added manually a report to the Publisher Role in Menu tab (PFCG) regenerate the authorization and were able to see the Role and therefore the report in "Crystal/rptAdmin".

Regards,

Adil

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JuanCLazaro
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

here are the answers to your questions.

are you able to publish a report from Crystal Reports Designer to BW ? Yes, the only thing is that I can only see the reports in the user menu, the first screen that

shows when logging in the SAP system.

the report is being saved to the BW System ? Yes

is the base folder configuration in the CMC and transaction /crystal/rptadmin identical set to /SAP/??? Yes, exactly the same /SAP/2.0

publishing service is running ? Yes

SAP Authentication is configured, roles are imported, Users have the necessary rights ? Yes, I have added the roles to the Administrators group for testing.

are you able to save a report to the BOE Server ? Yes if I click save as and then select Enterprise... I am not able to do it from the SAP Toolbar

thanks

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Juan,

so there are 2 problems:

#1 : seeing the reports in /crystal/rptadmin

#2 : CMC

in the transcation /crystal/rptadmin you have a menu items on the left side called "Publish reports" and below that an item called "Select reports...". When using that you will be asked for the BOE Server to be selected and then you will see the roles and reports on the right hand

on item #2 : do you see the reports in the CMC ? If so in which folder structure ?

thanks

Ingo

JuanCLazaro
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

regarding the 2 problems you mentioned:

#1 : seeing the reports in /crystal/rptadmin

#2 : CMC

- in the transcation /crystal/rptadmin you have a menu items on the left side called "Publish reports" and below that an item called "Select reports...". When using that you will be asked for the BOE Server to be selected and then you will see the roles and reports on the right hand.

If I do this, I get the following message: 'No reports matched the given selection criteria' I have checked everything, and all the tests are successfully, RFC test and the verify destination.

- on item #2 : do you see the reports in the CMC ? If so in which folder structure ?

If I try to publish through the toolbar I get an error, so the only way to publish to BO is through 'save as' and then I choose the destination, Enterprise and select the folder I want. Under the folder SAP 2.0 I cannot see any folder for none of the roles.

¿Could it be something with the roles?

Thanks

JuanCLazaro
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Adil and Ingo,

Adil, I have tested he RFC and destination and i works. The thing is that I see the reports in SAPGUI, but in the menu that the user has in the

logon screen. If I do transaction /CRYSTAL/RPTADMIN, I cannot see the reports there. Another thing is that in the CMC I don't have a folder

for the role, I just have SAP\2.0 path.

Ingo, I have looked the links and everything you say there is already done, I don't know what can be wrong.

For more information, the user I am trying to do this is in the group administrators in the CMC and also belongs to the roles that the manual

says that must be created.

Thanks

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

- are you able to publish a report from Crystal Reports Designer to BW ?

- the report is being saved to the BW System ?

- is the base folder configuration in the CMC and transaction /crystal/rptadmin identical set to /SAP/???

- publishing service is running ?

- SAP Authentication is configured, roles are imported, Users have the necessary rights ?

- are you able to save a report to the BOE Server ?

thanks

ingo

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Juan,

take a look at these 3 blogs showing all the configuration steps.

hope it helps

ingo

Publishing part 1

Publishing part 2

Publishing part 3

adil_madid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

First do it by step (Publish to BW then from BW to BOE.)

Test your RFC Destination (verify CE definition) from your available system in T-code (crystal/rptadmin).

Thanks,

Adil